ID Insignias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Insignias

Can someone help with ID's? I know I have seen these before, but don't remember where or what they are.
    Attached Files

First one Italian/ German interpreter. Regards, Ed.
    Ed. Anderson,Jr.
    The film "Idiocracy" was originally released as a comedy. Now it has been re-released as a documentary.

Sarcasm is just one of my many talents!

Comment

Thanks Ed. Do we know which organization?

Comment

Ron, according to John T. at germanwarbooty.com, the 1st one is an Italy - Germany unity patch produced for Hitler's visit to Italy in 1938. He actually shows several different examples (different colors, etc.). Here's a link to one of his examples:

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/item-c...th%20c2621.htm

Comment

Originally posted by fredswiss View Post
          Ron, according to John T. at germanwarbooty.com, the 1st one is an Italy - Germany unity patch produced for Hitler's visit to Italy in 1938. He actually shows several different examples (different colors, etc.). Here's a link to one of his examples:

http://www.germanwarbooty.com/item-c...th%20c2621.htm
          I saw this too. The second one looks like something to do with mining and the DKRB but this is only a guess.....

Comment

The second one measures approximately 5 inches tall by 4 1/2 inches wide.

Comment

Mining/Berbau veteran sport shirt insignia

I am posting more pics of this patch. I recently bought it and asked for opinions from collecting friends. The consensus is that it is a Mining/Bergbau/veteran related sport shirt insignia. My friend Clyde Davis noted a similarity to some items in his collection, and thus pointed out that there is a connection to Schleswig Holstein.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a DJ patch with design cues that are similar to the sport shirt patch. Clyde Davis indicated to me that he believes this insignia is a very early example that was used in Schleswig Holstein. He also believes that it was abolished early on. Mr. Davis does not know what this patch was used for. Also shown is a similarly designed tinnie. My thanks to Clyde Davis for giving me permission to show this patch and tinnie.
                Attached Files

Comment

Schleswig Holstein Landeswappen/ crest and Linienschiff Schleswig Holstein Schiffswappen.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                  X