Nuremberg desk eagle opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuremberg desk eagle opinions?

A friend has this eagle and I have shared my thoughts about it, but he wanted second opinion.

So....
    Attached Files

mark and from the inside
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Schönbeck,

This looks like an impressive piece...but IMO it is recast from an original period bird. The details of the feathers, especially on the legs, are faint and the oakleaf wreath is almost smooth and without character on both the obverse and the reverse. The RZM logo and licensee code also appear faint and indefinite, which makes me think that this is a remake from an original piece. Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers, mate,

Br. James

Comment

I told him recast as well.

THe bottom part of one of the wings is damaged, so there could be more imperfections, all this combined could make it worse that it is.

I have seen "original" on this forum with faint RZM, these were originally casted and a low quality cast has a bad surface and wide tolerances. So imo that is not my biggest concern.

Comment

I have to agree with Br James, This bird is a non-original period re-cast unfortunately but still looks OK as a cheap display piece, I have seen a lot worse,
          Best Regards,
          Michael

Comment

100% original cast, not to worry.

Comment

great, thanks I'll tell him the good news........that I was right. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                great, thanks I'll tell him the good news........that I was right. :-)
                ;@) its just a wartime white metal so with the finish as it is they can be misleading.

Comment

yes for sure, but look at the swazstika :-)

Comment

yes for sure, but look at the swazstika :-)
                    Yup, but a recast often shows there in a different way. Its sloppy for sure but real.

Comment

sorry I misread your first post, you saying it's real?

Let's hear some more opinions, for me at first glance a repro.

Comment

sorry I misread your first post, you saying it's real?

Let's hear some more opinions, for me at first glance a repro.
                        Its real and not a reprduction so you read me right.

Comment

i tend to agree with J .W ... white metal original .."HB"..with gold "wash" ..you can actually scrape the finish off of these with your fingernail ...just MHO ... EC

Comment

No offense intended to mrec27777 but it is definitely not an 'HB'. Wrong shape eagle & wrong base for an HB, and HB's are RZM 3/28 (I show a Photo of an HB eagle).

Best Regards,
                            Michael
                            Attached Files

Comment

MICHEAL .you are correct!!!!!EC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X