Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPB Numbering

Hi Everyone,
    Looking for some help on GPB numbering since I don't know anything about them. Is the number engraved on the back always their NSDAP number or are there circumstances where the number is different? Such as a replacement badge maybe? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by Robbi View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Looking for some help on GPB numbering since I don't know anything about them. Is the number engraved on the back always their NSDAP number or are there circumstances where the number is different? Such as a replacement badge maybe? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
    The number is always the recipients party number.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbi View Post
      Hi Everyone,
      My friend Erich is of course right saying the number always denotes the recipients party number.
      Having said that- If the number on the verso is split with dots or periods- it denotes the date the badge was presented to the recipients. For example 30.01.1938 would be a badge as presented on January 30th, 1938. Those badges also carry A.H. for Hitler's initials.

cheers
      Matt

Comment

Hi Robbi,

The responses you've received from Erich and Matt sum up the answer to your question. There were two different categories of the GPB: the larger category is the first one, badges bearing numbers from 1 up to 100,000 (though a few odd pieces baring numbers far higher have turned up, which were actually honorary badges) and the other category is the AH Honorary GPB. These last pieces carried the date of presentation and Hitler's initials.

For further information, I am pleased to share with you the website of Stephen, one of our colleagues here on WAF, who maintains an excellent reference site on this subject: [/U]http://pages.interlog.com/~sjl/GPB/index.html[/U].

Happy collecting,

Br. James

Comment

And I dare say, the best reference site on GPBs for starters.

Mil

Comment

Many Thanks!

Thanks for all the help and info. Happy Holidays!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
            X