Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adolf Hitler Napkin

Hello friends,

I have been offered this napkin, this would be my first AH napkin so any thought or comments are appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

More pictures

More pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the so-called Informal style napkin and appears to be a good one.

They were used at the Berghof and possibly the key Munich buildings. Their relatively small size [12" square] means they weren't apt for the grand banquets, hence the name. At least that's my take on it.

How much is he asking?

Chris

Comment

A nice original.

Comment

Thanks! Were they hand embroided? Everyone I see the eagle and his initials are not exactly the same. Like up close the swastika is not straight in one are exactly. He is asking $650

Originally posted by CPB View Post
          This is the so-called Informal style napkin and appears to be a good one.

They were used at the Berghof and possibly the key Munich buildings. Their relatively small size [12" square] means they weren't apt for the grand banquets, hence the name. At least that's my take on it.

How much is he asking?

Chris

Comment

Yes, they were hand embroidered. These and all the AH napkins I believe.

The price is good, for sure. They generally go for $800 plus on the dealer sites, and will only go up in value.

It would be interesting to start a thread on AH linen actually and document what's out there.

Chris

Comment

That's good to hear! Just like the AH Flatware which I'm sure in 5 years will be more then what it is now!

It would be, I would be very interested to see what everyone has and also an estimate of how many there were of each pattern if possible.

Yes, they were hand embroidered. These and all the AH napkins I believe.

The price is good, for sure. They generally go for $800 plus on the dealer sites, and will only go up in value.

It would be interesting to start a thread on AH linen actually and document what's out there.

Chris

Comment

The napkins are getting harder to find these days and display easier than tablecloths.

Comment

Do you know how many there were made by any chance?

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  The napkins are getting harder to find these days and display easier than tablecloths.

Comment

We will never know, but the figure for the 'official' ones ordered by the housekeepers and the like must run into the high hundreds, possibly thousands. These are the ones used in the Berghof, Kehlsteinhaus, Brown House, Munich apartment, RK etc etc. Plus the Fuhrer train, the Wolfschanze and the HQ he had in France.

Plus there are many more that were gifts from admirers, linen firms etc etc. And these don't bear the monogram, at least not as far as I know. These are not so popular with collectors because they are of course much easier to fake and less visually cool.

The one you have here is a great example and a nice one to start with.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris, My goal is a napkin and a piece of flatware. Very interesting information. I can only imagine storming the Berghof and snatching all these up!

We will never know, but the figure for the 'official' ones ordered by the housekeepers and the like must run into the high hundreds, possibly thousands. These are the ones used in the Berghof, Kehlsteinhaus, Brown House, Munich apartment, RK etc etc. Plus the Fuhrer train, the Wolfschanze and the HQ he had in France.

Plus there are many more that were gifts from admirers, linen firms etc etc. And these don't bear the monogram, at least not as far as I know. These are not so popular with collectors because they are of course much easier to fake and less visually cool.

The one you have here is a great example and a nice one to start with.

Chris

Comment

I agree with Chris -- we'll never know how many AH napkins were hand-made in various kinds for his various addresses...just as we will probably never know how many pieces of silverware were turned out or engraved by local jewelers for Hitler. But that's part of what makes this hobby so fascinating!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ridergta View Post
                          Just like the AH Flatware which I'm sure in 5 years will be more then what it is now!
                          No doubt about that.

Comment

I bought it guys! A great addition to my growing AH collection I think

Comment

Good for you, Aaron...an early Christmas present! I'm sure we'll see a photo as soon as you receive this prize in the mail.

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X