What kind of SA armband is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of SA armband is this?

What the heck is this thing? Saw this for sale on ebay so I am curious what this band is for.....
    Attached Files

Rare photograph anyway!

I have a note in the Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Führung about the standardizing of the sports-dresses for the Reichswettkämpfe and NS-Kampfspiele. For Fechter (fencers) at Reichswettkämpfe there existed an armband, which was to be worn in the color for the SA-group with upon this an SA-symbol. For groups with silver buttons there was a white stripe in the middle over the armband. Nothing was said about stripes along both edges, but who knows such armband was at a later date introduced. I have not ever seen this before, so do not know if this is what is meant.

For fencers at NS-Kampfspiele the armband was brown with upon it the SA-symbol. Nothing was said about stripes.
    Both armbands were available through the RZM.
    Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 12-11-2013, 04:39 AM.

Comment

If you look at the uniform, it's also very odd. The tab on what should be the rank side says 'Sturm', and the epaulette appears to be plain cloth and assuming this is an early photo, it should only be on the other shoulder. He's got Tresse around his collar and on each cuff. I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is wearing some sort of made up uniform for a vendor display of Sturm cigarettes or something like that.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. Wilhelm when you said fencing, I then thought of a SA fencer trainer because of the stripes which usually means leader with the exception of the SA reserve and SS. Interesting thought Erich. There is some writing on the back of the photo saying it is from 1935 so not pre government power. Here is a pic of the back.
        Attached Files

Comment

Also his pants have stripes down them in the full sized picture....
          Attached Files

Comment

It says 'New Year' 1935. I believe the SA cut their relationship with Sturm Cigarettes in 1934, so another theory goes out the window.
            I seem to remember the SA fencing armbands were worn with the white fencing uniform vs. with a tunic. Plus, that tab and shoulder board......?????
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Definitely a photo I am going to pick up if still at a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                Definitely a photo I am going to pick up if still at a good price.
                I believe you will now have competition for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                  It says 'New Year' 1935. I believe the SA cut their relationship with Sturm Cigarettes in 1934, so another theory goes out the window.
                  I seem to remember the SA fencing armbands were worn with the white fencing uniform vs. with a tunic. Plus, that tab and shoulder board......?????
                  Erich
                  Hello Eric.
                  What was the reason for the fall out between the SA and Sturm cigarettes?

Kyle sorry to high jack your thread, nice photo.

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by adlerfan53 View Post
                    Probably shouldn't of said anything. Chris it's fine as I was wondering why this was as well....

Comment

Originally posted by adlerfan53 View Post
                      There still isn't a change so hurray lol

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                      X