Large Iron & Silver DAF - Hamburg Two-Piece Plaque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Iron & Silver DAF - Hamburg Two-Piece Plaque

I have a good friend who owns this and was nice enough to share it. It's made of iron and silver and is rather large and is of a two-piece construction. Story goes that it was liberated by a man known as "The Commander" (last name Hathaway). Let me know what you all think!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think it looks great!
        Erich
        Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks Erich! I would love to find an old picture of this hanging on the wall. Any ideas where to start looking? I assume because of its size and metal work it must have been displayed somewhere prominently.

Comment

Nice wall hanger. Talk about multi-piece construction !

Comment

Originally posted by Garandguy56 View Post
              Thanks Erich! I would love to find an old picture of this hanging on the wall. Any ideas where to start looking? I assume because of its size and metal work it must have been displayed somewhere prominently.
              Since it says it was presented to the Gauwalter of the DAF in Hamburg, it would likely have been displayed in the main DAF building/office in Hamburg. It would take some work, but if it had been presented publicly, it would likely had been written up in the local newspapers. If you can locate an archive that has newspaper files from the period, you might find something.
              You might want to contact Mike Constady--I've had good luck having him research many different topics and people.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

An early Meccano set perhaps. Seriously though, what an interesting piece

Comment

So my friend is interested in selling it but we don't have any basis for comparison on a price. What do you all think it could be worth?

Comment

Now that is hard to say, it´s a unique specialty of regional political importance and character. Any specialized DAF collector or one who has a relation to Hamburg city will probably be seriously interested in this and offer you more than anyone else.

Roughly I think about 1K, maybe a bit more - maybe.

Comment

The Gauwalter DAF in Hamburg was Rudolf Habedank.

Gerdan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                      X