JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HJ Leader's Golden Sports Badge - is it real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Leader's Golden Sports Badge - is it real?

I would sincerely appreciate any opinions as to the authenticity of this HJ Leader's Golden Sports Badge. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Another view
    Attached Files

Comment

B version replacement original .Appears someone inexperienced with these ,had to test it , and went crazy with the acid...

Comment

I have my doubts with this one.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
        Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I'm not too keen on this one either. The "B" is the worst I've ever seen and not at all like the original "B" ones that are out there. What is the unusual pock mark under the 1 in the M 1/101 designation? Looks odd. The obverse seems almost cartoonish, for some reason with the background to the lettering looking a bit strange and the enamel looking pitted.
          Richard V

Comment

I would not want this one either. No fire gold gilt and a little too crude for an original IMO.

Comment

The Z in RZM on the revers is incorrect. All orig. badges in my files do have a - in the Z. This one not.

Best,
              Bull

Comment

Originally posted by Bull2000 View Post
                The Z in RZM on the revers is incorrect. All orig. badges in my files do have a - in the Z. This one not.

Best,
                Bull
                Also the catch is attached very low on the badge at the very bottom and the pin almost misses it & the enamel should be smooth ... on this badge it looks to be paint instead of enamel over the rough casting marks.
                Last edited by rlimike; 12-08-2013, 10:53 AM.

Comment

I thank all who have helped me with this item.

Comment

Sorry to respond so late in the day, John, but I must agree with all that has been illustrated earlier about this piece. And I would add that the dark blue enamel surrounding the swaz centerpiece and the surrounding inscription should be smooth, just as the fire gilt finish on such a piece should be smooth and without flaws or pockmarks. And I can'[t imagine that the "B" was die-stamped on this piece! I certainly wouldn't want this piece in my collection.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X