Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion of Cloth SA lagermutze eagle patch strip of 12 on E- stand

Hello,

I believe that these pieces of cloth insignia need to be discussed. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=706645

To me the material seems all wrong. I am comparing this to other colored lagermutze eagle patches that are not copies and there is a very large difference in the material it is on. I may be wrong and they may be a different maker and that is my reason to post it hear. I am posting some photos of other eagles that I am comparing to.
    Attached Files

eagle 2
    Attached Files

Comment

Eagles

Both examples I have look like yours, with the tan backing.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they are later made examples. Is what I've been told correct?

Comment

I do not know when and where they are made, but the detail with these eagles is very, very lousy. You hardly can see a wreath is meant and the swastika is rubbish. Does not look like German workmanship at all. Just my opinion!

Comment

Wilhelm are you talking about the ones above or the ones on estand, attached below.
            Attached Files

Comment

about the ones as shown with post 1 and 2. Sorry, I should have mentioned.
              The e-stand ones you show look better, especially here it is no lousy swastika.

Comment

IMO both types are OK.
                Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
                  IMO both types are OK.
                  Agree--every photo of the SA cap eagles, including the examples in 'Headgear of Hitler's Germany' volume 3, pp. 587-588, show small differences in proportion (see the heads and necks of the eagles) and shape. The base fabric appears okay on the uncut strip as well, IMO.
                  Erich
                  Festina lente!

Comment

The ones I am questioning are the strip of 12. The red and blue ones I posted I know are original. I posted them to show the difference of the construction and material used is different then the strip of 12. I only question this because I have been working on my collection of these and this is the first time I have ever seen any that look like the ones on the strip of 12. The only way for me to know is with the help of the members, or I have to buy one to test.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X