No announcement yet.

Ordensburg/Ordensjunker tunic issued to the RMBO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I became interested in Generalgouvernement and RMBO uniforms after obtaining a nice GO dagger and hangers. I have enjoyed researching them and I have digital copy of Uniform-Markt issues 1935-1944-45.

Uniform-Markt 1.10.1941: Wir sahen neue Uniformen. We saw new uniforms.

Braune Beamtenuniform: Neben der schwarzen Diplomatenuniform und neben der blauen und der feldgrauen Beamtenuniform wird fest nach eine braune Staatsbeamtenuniform geben. Es handelt sich hierbei um Beamten in besesten Ostgebieten.

In addition to the black diplomatic uniform and next to the blue and the field-gray official uniform will give a brown civil servant uniform. These are officials in the easternmost areas of the country.

Die farbe der braune Beamtenuniform ist im braunton der Ordenburguniformen, doch unterscheidet sich die braune Beamtenuniform von der blauen Beamtenuniform nicht allein der die farbe.

The color of the brown official uniform is in the brown tone of the Orderburg uniforms, but the brown official uniform differs from the blue official uniform not only the color.

Comment

The "UM" 1-10-1941 article described the new brown Generalgouvernement uniform. The following article described the new RMBO uniform:

Uniform-Markt 1.8.1942: Ostbeamten uniform final shape: Für die Geshchaftsbereich des Reichsministreriums für die befesten Ostgebiete ist nunmehr die endgultige die Dienstkleidungsvorschrift erfallen worden. In dem artikel "Wir sahen neue Uniformen" ("UM" 1941 S. 196) hatten wir die "braune Beamtenuniform" in ihrer ersten Entwicklung gestreift.

For the sphere of activity of the Reichsministrium for the fortified Eastern Territories, the definitive regulation of the clothing service has now been completed. In the article "We saw new uniforms" ("UM" 1941 p. 196) we had the "brown Official uniform" in their first development touched.

Diese Uniform wird nur noch aufgetragen; es ist jetzt eine vollstandig neue Uniform, von dem Berliner Graphiser Egon Jantke entivorfen, eingefuhrt worden, die wir nachstebend beschreiben (Jantke designed medals, daggers, awards, etc.)

This uniform is still applied; it has now been introduced a completely new uniform, designed by the Berlin graphic artist Egon Jantke, which we describe afterwards: (U-M spricht mit dem Uniformgestalter Egon Jantke 15.3.1938)

(Followed by detailed illustrations and descriptions of uniform and insignia)

See also Dienstkleidungsvorschrift fur RMBO Berlin 1942

Comment

Thanks for sharing ebj!

Would you happen to have a scan of the actual uniform descriptions?

Kurt

Comment

Try this link to the actual regulation book contained in an Estonian library:

https://www.digar.ee/viewer/en/nlib-.../291733/page/1

A later regulation moved the breast eagle to the upper left sleeve and eliminated the shoulder straps:

Uniform-Markt 1.9.1942: Ostbeamtenuniform.
          Wie wir hören, ist nach einem soeben ergangenen erlab die Schultertlappe fortgefallen, und das hoheitsabzeichen wird nicht auf dem brust, sondern auf den linken oberarm getragen.

Ostbeamtenuniform. We hear that after a recent declaration the shoulder flap has disappeared, and the insignia is not worn on the chest but on the left upper arm.

FYI another reg authorized the gilt GO daggers for the Generalgouvernement and postponed the newly designed RMBO dagger as shown for after the war.

Comment

Great uniform by the way!

Comment

Much appreciated - thank you! Great source!!!

Kurt

Comment

You are welcome. I have researched a lot of TR subjects over the years. This one was - and still is - quite a challenge! There is still confusion out there about the daggers. IMO Angolia's book "In the Service of the Reich" is probably the best except his opinion on the directions the Diplo and GO crossguard eagle heads face. I believe it is clear from at least "UM" that the Diplo eagle head faces right as viewed and the GO left. Halcomb agrees with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ebj View Post
                  You are welcome. I have researched a lot of TR subjects over the years. This one was - and still is - quite a challenge! There is still confusion out there about the daggers. IMO Angolia's book "In the Service of the Reich" is probably the best except his opinion on the directions the Diplo and GO crossguard eagle heads face. I believe it is clear from at least "UM" that the Diplo eagle head faces right as viewed and the GO left. Halcomb agrees with that.
                  Keep in mind though that the RMBO is technical a "civil" organization and neither Government Official, no Diplomatic (only the uniforms look similar). There are several period pics of Diplomatic officials with daggers that have their eagle facing to its left so I'd say you found both.

My early Diplo buttons and one of my early diplo brocades have an eagle that faces right...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Based on period photos the GO daggers were obviously worn by some RMBO officials. Perhaps the gilt ones were worn as they were designated for the brown Generalgouvernement uniforms.

I also feel the GO and Diplo daggers were more than likely both worn by Diplo officials. There are photos of daggers being upside down in scabbards, portepees incorrectly tied and Heer style hangers being used. There are several notices about how to correctly tie portepees! German officials were not always that tuned into uniform regs. Angolia feels the dagger eagle head directions varied with makers.

Die Klinge 15.6 1940: Wir hatten bereits bei Beschreibung des Beamten-Dolches gesagt, das der Diplomaten-Dolch nur eine Unterscheidung ausweist: der Adlerkopf schaut nach der entgegengefesten seite.

We had already said in describing the official dagger that the diplomat dagger shows only one distinction: the eagle head looks to the opposite side.

Comment

I understand that von Ribbentrop was wearing an ordinary silver GO dagger when he was captured.

I find Diplomats and Government Officials two of the most interesting yet puzzling of the TR organizations.

Comment

Interesting also and perhaps a connection to the Ordensburg uniforms,

"At Ordensburg Krossinsee in Falkenburg, Pomerania, all Gebietskommissars were given rudimentary training for "practical administrative activity." Whatever training and education future civil administrators received prior to 1941, all passed through Krossinsee before assuming their posts in the occupied east."

GOLDEN PHEASANTS AND EASTERN KINGS: THE GERMAN DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION IN THE OCCUPIED SOVIET UNION, 1941-1944 by Stephen A. Connor Bachelor of Arts, University of Windsor, 1994

Comment

Based on period photos the GO daggers were obviously worn by some RMBO officials. Perhaps the gilt ones were worn as they were designated for the brown Generalgouvernement uniforms.

I also feel the GO and Diplo daggers were more than likely both worn by Diplo officials. There are photos of daggers being upside down in scabbards, portepees incorrectly tied and Heer style hangers being used. There are several notices about how to correctly tie portepees! German officials were not always that tuned into uniform regs. Angolia feels the dagger eagle head directions varied with makers.

Die Klinge 15.6 1940: Wir hatten bereits bei Beschreibung des Beamten-Dolches gesagt, das der Diplomaten-Dolch nur eine Unterscheidung ausweist: der Adlerkopf schaut nach der entgegengefesten seite.

We had already said in describing the official dagger that the diplomat dagger shows only one distinction: the eagle head looks to the opposite side.
                          See this photo in my collection (General Governement of Poland Officers with Hans Frank
                          Attached Files

Comment

I understand that von Ribbentrop was wearing an ordinary silver GO dagger when he was captured.

I find Diplomats and Government Officials two of the most interesting yet puzzling of the TR organizations.
                            See this photo of captured Orders and dagger
                            Attached Files

Comment

complementary information in this thread in which the partner ebj participated

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for....php?p=8301158

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X