Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Pepera Memorial

Dear friends of John Pepera,

There is an excellent opportunity to keep John's memory alive within our hobby by adding his life-details to the Forum titled "MEMORIAM FORUM" further down on the main WAF Forum List. I am personally unable to provide the necessary information required to open a new addition to that Forum; I don't know exactly when John died, nor do I know his birthdate or the several other categories of information needed to add him to that list...but that is certainly where he belongs! I encourage anyone among us who has access to that level of information to please make sure that John is entered there for the future.

With thanks for your consideration,

Br. James

I agree with James that John Pepera should be remembered. He gave himself so much to this hobby and helped collectors along the way. He was selfless and shared with me much about this hobby with his advise, and photos of his TK rings and GPBs. I have some items from his collection and they will serve as a memory of our friendship.

According to the mod, Ralph Pickard, he says that we (I suggest, James), should on our behalf, contact him with a PM with the member name (John) and user name on this forum and he will then create the thread with the first post as needed with the so said format to provide a overall snap shot of the member.

Sample Format:

Name of WAF collector and membership level: John Doe 24Sep43 - 02Mar09
    Known background of collector: Retired from the military in 1975
    Collecting interests: Iron crosses, tunics and helmets
    Articles, books published or other achievements

Mil

Comment

Hi Mil,

It would certainly be my pleasure to contact the Moderator of the MEMORIAM FORUM on John Pepera's behalf...but I don't even know John's birth or death date, let alone much about his wide collecting interests (I corresponded with him over the years mainly concerning his vast GPB collection and he did mention also being a collector of SS artifacts, though I didn't discuss that area of the hobby with him) or whether he ever had any essays or monographs published -- though with his huge amount of knowledge and experience, he certainly could and should have! I have no information about his personal life, what he did for a career, etc., so I feel quite ill-equipped to put my scant knowledge of John forward. I hope you can understand my sentiment here, as I certainly do agree with you that John's memory belongs right there; it's just that I have so little to add about him myself.

Br. James

Comment

James,

I'm sure another member will soon chime in.

Mil

Comment

JoeW might be the one to get it started.

Comment

Hello all - I have started a new thread for John.

RIP John...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...01#post6161101
            Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Wonderful...thank you, Tom

Comment

Excellent!! Many thanks, Ralph...just what we needed to get this started! I've just added a word or two and I hope others will feel free to share their experiences with John. Bless you!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X