No announcement yet.

Blue NSDAP armband?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for refreshing our memories, Kittykat...I too thought I'd seen a similar brassard here fairly recently! And the one in the link sets the proper perspective, IMO, since it bears the stamp of Der Stahlhelm Bund, which apparently wore an NSDAP armband with a green field as opposed to a red one, at least for a time in history.

Back in 1968, noted senior TR collector Stan Bozich of Royal Oak, Michigan published a series of booklets titled "Collectors Guide - German Relics" on our general subject, and one of those -- "Supplement I - Armbands" -- includes a b/w photo of a similar piece. The caption of this photo reads: "Stahlhelm (National Type), Black on White on Dark Green (Stahlhelm Stamp)." In the example provided by Kyles Bullets at the beginning of this thread, the green background field on this piece must have faded over the decades.

Br. James

Comment

Gray Stahlhelm armband.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

[QUOTE=Br. James;6154595

Back in 1968, noted senior TR collector Stan Bozich of Royal Oak, Michigan published a series of booklets titled "Collectors Guide - German Relics" on our general subject, and one of those -- "Supplement I - Armbands" -- includes a b/w photo of a similar piece. The caption of this photo reads: "Stahlhelm (National Type), Black on White on Dark Green (Stahlhelm Stamp)."

Br. James[/QUOTE]

From the Bozich book.....

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

to hand

Hi there James.
          Just being curios.
          From the Bozich book can you tell what sort of construction it is.
          ie Bevo or tape or printed.Like i said just curios.
          Best regards Pete

Comment

The Bozich example looks like it is a woven one.

Comment

Hi Pete,

Many thanks to Ron for providing a photocopy of the Stahlhelm brassard from the Bozich booklet -- exactly the one I had in mind -- I think we can say that that piece was printed. Quite similar to the one Kyles Bullets provided at the opening of this thread of discussion...though obviously faded over the decades.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                Hi Pete,

Many thanks to Ron for providing a photocopy of the Stahlhelm brassard from the Bozich booklet -- exactly the one I had in mind -- I think we can say that that piece was printed. Quite similar to the one Kyles Bullets provided at the opening of this thread of discussion...though obviously faded over the decades.

Br. James
                The only thing that I find as a flaw in the fading theory is that the swastika has no fading so how could it be faded? Like my printed party armband, the red field is off color some and the swastika is the same so I think the field was just made cheaply? Whatever it is, I guess it is a faded Der Stahlhelm band. I have seen this in printed, BeVo, and multipiece. The one with the red party in the link is beVo, this is printed, multiBeVo (the swas is beVo but added after on the roundel. and then here is the multi-peice. Seem to come in purple and black stamps with and without unit stamps. Sometimes with more then 1. I have seen them with 2 as of now....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X