Reichsparteitag 1933 Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsparteitag 1933 Badge

Thanks to those who posted pics of this badge in wear, so I could confirm that my shirt setup would be logical. I replaced the missing shoulderboard on my Motor-SA shirt, since you could see where one had once been. It took me over 20 years to find it. I wanted to ascertain if shoulderboards were worn by the time of that event. Photos of this badge in wear show shoulderboards being worn simultaneously.
    NOTE: I generally like to leave uniforms the way they're found, unless there are already medal loops. But it's hard to resist putting a cool tinnie on a uniform that informs the viewer of the year, and which SA Gruppe it is. plus...they sometimes cover up holes.
    Attached Files

You should try and locate a copy of "Reichstagung in Nürnberg 1933," which provides numerous photos of each day's events during that year's Party Congress...including SA uniforms with shoulderboards. As for mounting badges through loops on tunics, my experience has been that, over time, the loops tend to pull loose if the tunic is hanging or on a form. When I found that happening, I quickly took off all the medals...though I wish I'd noticed it earlier!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X