Reichsadler reich eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsadler reich eagle

Its from a MFF member who want to know a few opinions.
    What you think - the eagle is original from reich period or not ?

40,8cm x 26,3cm, ca.0,5 kg
    material pig iron

Thanks
    Grave
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It seems to be a well made cast. The screw thread on the reverse looks suspicious. My assumption is that that screw thread might have been stuck onto the molten material just as it was about to harden. I have one of these tram eagles marked V on the reverse and it was made of aluminum. There's one available on John's site, may be good for reference.

Mil

Comment

Hi Grave, I agree with Mil, It is a great cast- consistent with the period, are you sure it is "pig-iron" and not an alloy? It looks like an aluminum alloy casting, particularly the wear, not rusty- but anodized as an aluminum alloy would do and seems light for iron, other than that Bill Shea recently had an Iron one of these but had polished highlights and labelled as a building eagle. Mil and I & Wim would know these as ReichPost Bus eagles, I have a couple, a "V" and a "W & C" maker marked but equal quality to this one,

Comment

Thats a good bird.

Comment

Hi guys, at first thanks for the answers - i ask the owner oncemore and he said its possible that the material is aluminium or aluminium alloy

GG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X