Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Own Hitler's 1935 Mercedes & His SS Men - Tipp & Co/Lineol Figures - Need Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Own Hitler's 1935 Mercedes & His SS Men - Tipp & Co/Lineol Figures - Need Opinions

I have this Tipp & Co. and Lineol/Elastolin figures in my collection and a fellow WAF friend would like to purchase from me. I have only seen this one set in my collecting years. The original owner was an advanced collector that has since passed away.

The figures have been touched up, but the Mercedes is the earliest Tipp & Co. production of Hitler's 1935 Touring Mercedes with a license plate number of 11A 19357. The vehicle shows some age, but other than missing the "Mercedes" hood ornament and slightly bent windshield is in nice shape. You can see the key hole for winding up the car in the radiator. I haven't wound it, but all the gears on the underside seem to work.

Anyone come across one before? What's a fair WAF value? Should I sell? Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hitler should be in the front of course. In the toy collecting world the touched up figures, broken hood ornament, bent windscreen and lack of box all mean a drop in price. In the militaria collecting world these things are not a problem. Its a lovely piece. You would need to hunt around the net for similar items and see what the asking price is and then negotiate with the buyer. By similar I mean wind up toy cars from the period from the same maker or a competitor in the market of the time. I would say hundreds not thousands, but you really need to do the homework and then negotiate.

Comment

A beautiful composition!!

Br. Jams

Comment

I like it but have no idea about price - nice items to collect if space is at a premium.

Comment

way cool

I would say about $1000 "as is"

one sold on ebay, and here is one I saw on the net

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitlers-Merc...57#ht_63wt_884

Robert
              Attached Files

Comment

Doing a quick skim through here

galerianavarro.com/toysforsale_en_print2.php?cat=0&ordenp=id_&st=999& senti=inc&busca=

624. Is similar in size/ vehicle and is close to 1000 Euros, but its in top condition. There is a small 20s car y the same company that has hitler in it that's only 190 Euros, but is not in the same league as yours.

Broken as various bits are somewhere between 200-500 Euros would be reasonable in the tin toy collecting market, 200 Euros being the bottom for something like this. If you had the box and everything was squeaky clean etc, it would be worth thousands.

Toys are still an expensive business.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and also the estimates gentlemen and that's a great photo of one with a key in the radiator.

I referred him to this thread, so we shall see how it goes.

Comment

One suggestion, Colorado: when setting up the display, Hitler should be seated in the 'shotgun seat,' not in the back. The only time he rode in the back was when he had a high-ranking guest such as Mussolini riding with him; otherwise, he always rode in the front, next to the driver. (I also believe that the 'shotgun seats' in his custom-made Mercedes' were positioned so that Hitler could comfortably stand up in the front position.)

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Be very careful with the figures...they can damage so easily.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X