Bronze Hitler bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bronze Hitler bust

Hello, my name is Arjan, I am Dutch and live in The Netherlands. I have been a past (and vast) collector of mainly German and Dutch WW2 militaria, however I sold of my collection about a year or 12 ago, and the little that remains today are a couple of K98 air-training-rifles, a mauser 1871/84 with bayonet, some small minor objects and a lot of original books.

I am not sure whether this is the right forum, but the thing that I am still looking after all this time is an original bust of Hitler, preferably life-size. I just found a smaller one on the internet (abroad) and asked the seller for some additional pictures, looked for reference on the internet (it seems there are no books on this subject) mainly on Wehrmacht-Awards and found one surprisingly similar (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=hitler+bust) which is considered to be a fake.

My question (see pictures below), is this bust, on the little information we have, an original ?

• There are no makermarks on it;
    • It is (supposedly) made out of bronze;
    • Total height 9" and width 4,5".

I would pass on this one. It looks like it was cast from a mold made from an original, but It's poorly cast, with air bubbles and weird hair detailing to the rear half of the head.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

I agree with Erich
      / Hakan

Comment

I let it pass since I had my doubts too; Erich and Hakan thanks for the expertise!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
        X