1933 SA - Treffen Berlin Tinnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1933 SA - Treffen Berlin Tinnie

I tried to find information on this badge, and on the entire WA Forum, could find only one reference - member David North has 2 of these (1 gold, 1 silver). I questioned his gold one, but his silver one is exactly like mine - even the same stamping flaw. I could find only one other reference on the internet. Since there are such few examples, I feel it is quite scarce. Similarly, it leads me to believe that the 1st pattern 1931 SA-Treffen Braunschweig is quite rare, and I wonder how many of them are fakes. The plating on this one is very similar to the tin plating on the early SS skulls.
    Attached Files

Tinnie

Reverse.......
    Attached Files

Comment

While I don't recall seeing this badge previously -- and it would certainly compliment an example of the much more prevalent Braunschweig Treffen badge in any collection -- I note that this badge is pictured in the 1994 edition of "Tinnies of the Reich 1930-1945" by Reinhard Tieste, p.42.

A very nice piece!

Br. James

Comment

Nice Treffen

Congrats, an interesting Treffen of 1933. I agree with BR that this would be an excellent addition to the various 1931 editions from that event and later.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X