X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D A P1920 membership card....get a load of this

File:Hitler's DAP membership card.png
    No higher resolution available.
    Hitler's_DAP_membership_card.png ‎(431 × 283 pixels, file size: 61 KB, MIME type: image/png)
    Summary
    Español: Carné de Hitler como miembro del DAP

Description: Forged copy of Adolf Hitler's membership card in the German Worker Party (DAP), which would later become the NSDAP. His membership number was actually 555. In a letter from Anton Drexler that was drafted in 1940 but never sent, he said:

No one knows better than you yourself, my Führer, that you were never the seventh member of the party, but at best the seventh member of the committee, which I asked you to join as recruitment director. And a few years ago I had to complain to a party office that your first proper membership card of the DAP, bearing the signatures of Schüssler and myself, was falsified, with the number 555 being erased and number 7 entered. (Kershaw, Hitler: Hubris 1889-1936, Penguin Books, p. 127).

Source: originally uploaded to en.wikipedia by User:Eloquence

[Note: membership was counted upwards from 500 (the first 500 members did not in fact exist), so Hitler's party number was 555.]

Public domain This image (or other media file) is in the public domain because its copyright has expired.

This applies to Australia, the European Union and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 70 years.

Dialog-warning.svg You must also include a United States public domain tag to indicate why this work is in the public domain in the United States. Note that a few countries have copyright terms longer than 70 years: Mexico has 100 years, Colombia has 80 years, and Guatemala and Samoa have 75 years, Russia has 74 years for some authors. This image may not be in the public domain in these countries, which moreover do not implement the rule of the shorter term. Côte d'Ivoire has a general copyright term of 99 years and Honduras has 75 years, but they do implement the rule of the shorter term.
    This file has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights.
    File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
    Date/Time Thumbnail Dimensions User Comment
    current 10:51, 3 May 2009 Thumbnail for version as of 10:51, 3 May 2009 431 × 283 (61 KB) Kahlil88 (talk | contribs) Losslessly recompressed with OptiPNG 0.6.2
    19:28, 3 May 2005 Thumbnail for version as of 19:28, 3 May 2005 431 × 283 (137 KB) Schaengel89 (talk | contribs) *Description: Adolf Hitler's membership card in the German Worker Party (DAP), which would later become the NSDAP *Source: originally uploaded to en by en:User:Eloquence {{msg:PD}}
    Last edited by juoneen; 09-20-2013, 02:55 AM.

I was looking for the number 7, but its actually written over the top of the lines covering 555. Amazing history all round

Comment

A nice reminder to all of us, Juoneen, that our hobby has ALWAYS been fraught with fakes and forgeries on all levels since it's very beginning!! As Anton Drexler wrote, Hitler was DAP Member #555, though he also became the seventh member of the Party's Executive Committee prior to the revolt of July 1921 which pushed Drexler aside as Party Chairman and replaced him with Hitler in that role. And as I understand it, Hitler's original DAP Membership Card wound up on display at the NSDAP Museum at the Sternecker Beer Hall in Munich.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X