Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
    The black diamond from post 10 with the disc is in early 1934 described as:
    Abzeichen der Schützenstandarte 1 der Gruppe Hochland. It then was an official badge and simply phrased as "Epp-Abzeichen". It was allowed by the SA since July 1933.

It was granted in tradition to former members from the Freikorps Epp. Since early 1934 there were various classes of this badge instituted, lagerly to be identified by the color for the patch or its specific piping. This depended on: if the person had been an active member from the Schützenstandarte 21; volunteers for Schützen-formations; those that already were a free-corps member since Ohrdruf; officers, which served as an NCO or regular Free-Corps member.

If an SA-man was officially allowed to wear the badge, this was confirmed by the administration for the Free-Corps Epp at Munich (Geschäftsstelle des Freikorps Epp) and handed over a sort of document and had to possess a Fee-Corps Epp permit, which also came from the same administration.
    Thanks again for the information. I did some research online based on your information and incredibly found a picture for sale of an Epp Badge which is a photograph that shows two of the men above !!

I had intended buying it but at 250Eur + it's not justifiable for a single (damaged) picture (includes badge);

http://www.1939.ru/catalog-3019.html

On the bright side it's definitive proof and is useful to see.

Comment

Very nice photograph. I am practically sure the photograph must be dated between July 7, 1933 (as when the colored top for the kepi was introduced) and February 3, 1934 (as when the old fighters chevron was introduced).
      I do not see the wearing of the service stripes at the arms (which were later introduced, October 15, 1934).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X