Deciphering a NSDAP Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deciphering a NSDAP Number

Can someone help with this number? Does it start with a 1? A 4? Or a 7? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi,
    I would say it is a 7 because of the swinging top. The 1 does not have it.
    regards
    Dirk

Comment

Hello,

I´d like to second Dirk: It´s a SEVEN.

Best Regards

Max_Porter

Comment

It's the same figure as the one in the fifth position in the number!

Br. James

Comment

It appears to lean more towards a 7, even though sevens many times had a dash across the leg during this period. Are there any other numbers on this page where you might be able to determine if it is a one or seven through the process of elimination? For example, if the same person filled out the date, what does the number 1 in the year look like compared to this character?
          Richard V

Comment

Thank you, I will go with the consensus that it is a 7. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Whole page

Whole Page
              Attached Files

Comment

The 'mystery number' does appear to be a 7, given that the 1 and the 9 also on the same page, and apparently written in the same handwriting, are both different from this number.

Br. James

Comment

The number was in fact no mystery at all. It was exactly as it should be written in one of the styles of the German Sütterlin-script, specifically as the Richtformen der Verkehrsschift from 1934. It looks in some ways as the 7 from the so-called Schulausgangsschrift from 1911 from Ludwig Sütterlin
                  With the Offenbacher-script from 1927 from Rudolf Koch the 7 should have a horizontal dash.

Comment

Glad it was no 'mystery' to YOU, my friend! Thanks for authoritatively clearing it up for those of us untrained in Sütterlin schrift!

Br. James

Comment

Google "Sütterlin" and there you go
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X