Only one ahnenpass maybi interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only one ahnenpass maybi interesting

With some other papers get this common ahnenpass. After few days attracted me stamp and sign senator... ing. Gustav Oberleithner . I go on google and see men was Burgermeister City Mayor and something in Sudeten in DNP. If anybody know more about him.... or if who collect ... can ..

And one question how many different ahnenpass exist ? If only producer styl one time eagle head turn left and other turn right?
    Attached Files

Hi Vox,

You have an interesting and apparently historic Ahnenpass there. To begin with, Ahnenpass documents were not issued officially by the Third Reich; they were locally-published forms that anyone wishing to establish his/her genealogical record/family tree could purchase, fill out and have notarized by a local notary public. Such documents became beneficial under the Third Reich government when a person wished to apply for many different kinds of employment -- such documents served to establish that a person was of "Aryan heritage" and therefore non-Jewish or of so-called "mixed race" background. Some Ahnenpass forms included the NSDAP eagle and swastika on their covers, while others did not. The direction in which the eagle faces on various documents and letterheads is only an artifact of when that particular form was published; while on most of the generations of the NSDAP eagle, the bird faced to its left, there was the period between 1936 through 1938 when the eagle faced to its right. This was merely a stylistic change and held no other meaning; it was also reflected in the metal eagles worn on PL peaked caps during that brief period.

As you have already learned from Wikipedia, Gustav Oberleithner was a local politician and the mayor of the Moravian town of Schönberg located in the Olomouc Region of that province, which was a contested territory during the early post-WWI years. Oberleithner became a senator in the Czech National Assembly. Though of retirement age at the time of the Munich Agreement, he was a German nationalist and probably kept busy during the incorporation of the Sudetenland in the Greater German Reich and the establishment of Reichsgau Sudetenland. Again, an interesting and historic document.

Br. James

Comment

And I'll bet he who never have dreamed that we'd be talking about him on an international forum some 80 or so years later. A great find.

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        Hi Vox,

The direction in which the eagle faces on various documents and letterheads is only an artifact of when that particular form was published; while on most of the generations of the NSDAP eagle, the bird faced to its left, there was the period between 1936 through 1938 when the eagle faced to its right. This was merely a stylistic change and held no other meaning; it was also reflected in the metal eagles worn on PL peaked caps during that brief period.

Br. James
        The earlier one....

Attached Files
        RonR

Comment

I wish I could change the mistake in my post. Never mind. Ron, a very nice shot. Do these items all belong together as a grouping or are they just gathered for the photo?

Comment

Thanks to all . Only yet I must to see other paper which come in lot if somebody else that name on it will see..

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
              I wish I could change the mistake in my post. Never mind. Ron, a very nice shot. Do these items all belong together as a grouping or are they just gathered for the photo?
              The other items are used just for effect and they do not all belong together originally.

Best regards,
              RonR

Comment

Thanks for adding the additional M-36 eagle illustration to this thread, Ron!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

I go to check other papers and found from this ahnenpass other papers family birth certificats (nothing other).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X