Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar tabs 8/52

Hello,

I have no experience in this area, so can you tell me what are these tabs and if they are any good ? I assume that numbers should stand for Sturm and Standarte but are they anyhow linked to the existing unit ? Do they have any chance to be real or are they total fakes ? They look so clumsy that even current owner has doubts about its originality.

Regards,
    JSL
    Attached Files

They look original to me, although I can understand why one would think they were not. I would think they're an early pair of SA Group Hansa tabs. I don't have any information on a Gr. Hansa Standarte 52, but there were numerous early units that were combined with other units during the SA reformations over the years.
    Erich
    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
      ..., although I can understand why one would think they were not. ...
      Because of the inner material, which looks like cardboard (and not like the typical burlap type weave soaked in mucilage)?

Comment

Eary tabs will have numerous types of backing material used, to include cardboard. Perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Original tabs..although id say the piping added, no pips for rank which required piping

Comment

I agree, nice earlier tabs!

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffe blue View Post
              Original tabs..although id say the piping added, no pips for rank which required piping
              I agree with Sean. Each time I see the pictures, the piping looks not good to me. Not authentic!

What's left is that the tabs are Gruppe Sudeten. Standarte 52 was from Prag. The figurs are in Plattstich, as you would expect as Sudeten was add late at the list of SA groups.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X