Thank you in advance
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

GORGET
      Best!
      Gian.

Comment

I don't like the gorget either and the buckle isn't giving me the best vibes either. Try the buckle section for more opinions...

Comment

Originally posted by jules61 View Post
          GORGET
          Best!
          Gian.
          Agree 100%

Comment

Pretty ugly, both of them.

Comment

Yes and nĂ´ Drgm marked to original gorget

Comment

Sorry to say that I don't much care for either of them. The roundel on the gorget appears to be too sharp for a period piece, and the RZM license number on the reverse of the buckle makes me nervous... While I do believe that there are genuine SA buckles with the manufacturer's name/logo in existence, and that there may even be some genuine SA buckles with RZM stamps on them, both kinds are scarce as hen's teeth and are almost never found. In my experience, anyway! Sorry; I wish I had something more positive to offer.

Br. James

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Hi pieand!

Awful experience to be spending cash on bogus items.
                    I am certainly no expert in the two items you have shown, but I bought an SA belt and buckle from a local dealer in Germany; I was suspicious because the buckle had no RZM stamping!
                    Only markings were on the brown leather belt, stamped "LEMGO" (the town of manufacture) on the tongue of the belt.
                    The major problem with SA collectors is that there is not one excellent refrerence book on SA uniform and items.
                    Period magazines and "special editions" of Third Reich periodicals are still the best image sources for SA collectors.
                    I trusted my source, got a good SA belt/buckle combination for 100 Euro about three years ago, but I am sure many people have been ripped off with SA items over the years!

Best wishes,

John.
                    Last edited by feldpost 58; 09-04-2013, 04:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
                      Hi pieand!

Awful experience to be spending cash on bogus items.
                      I am certainly no expert in the two items you have shown, but I bought an SA belt and buckle from a local dealer in Germany; I was suspicious because the buckle had no RZM stamping!
                      Only markings were on the brown leather belt, stamped "LEMGO" (the town of manufacture) on the tongue of the belt.
                      The major problem with SA collectors is that there is not one excellent refrerence book on SA uniform and items.
                      Period magazines and "special editions" of Third Reich periodicals are still the best image sources for SA collectors.
                      I trusted my source, got a good SA belt/buckle combination for 100 Euro about three years ago, but I am sure many people have been ripped off with SA items over the years!

Best wishes,

John.

I thought SA buckles didn't have RZM markings...

Comment

Buckle

SA buckle RZM markings ARE rare, and these markings don't look right anyway. Unless it's the reflection, notice how the domed rivets have a shiny area around them?
                        It appears as though the brass may have been oxidized, and THEN - the rivets were pressed into shape, thus wearing off the oxidation........which would not happen normally. Not a buckle I'D wear to the Feldherrnhalle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X