Nuremberg wall eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuremberg wall eagle

Firstly thank you to Larry and Michael for giving it a once over for me it arrived today and im made up with it , on the back it even has the soldiers name and feldpost number , any opinions welcomed and hope you like it cheers Dave
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow that is a nice piece !

Comment

forgot to add that at some stage in its life some black or brown paint has been splashed on the eagle,in my opinion its a gold eagle under all that grime rgds Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

Whats with the modern screws?
              Pete

Comment

I'm a bit confused: why are there two modern pozidrive (PZ 2) screw heads visible on the reverse wooden planchet?

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

the two recessed screws are the old origionals but looks like at some stage somebody has replaced the other two ,that is unless pozi screws were about then rgds Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                    I'm a bit confused: why are there two modern pozidrive (PZ 2) screw heads visible on the reverse wooden planchet?

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                    Because the bird is significantly heavier than standard and what the board would hold with two screws there are 4 screws that retain it to the mount. 2 long screws for the wider end of the tier to mount, and then two longer screws to maintain the the more narrow section that sits off the plaque. On this mount longer screws appear to be extended out and replacements and the shorter period screws are holding the mid section tier as it should be.

Two options would be over time two were replaced which is not all that uncommon, or the bird was remounted on another seemingly period board. Never saw an untouched mount for these to know for sure.
                    Last edited by J. Wraith; 08-29-2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

In my opinion this is the original plaque , some one in its past has had a nozey at eagle off the plaque and we all know what old screws are like they soon knacker when they haven't been turned especially after 70 years or so, so they obviously replaced them two, rgds Dave

Comment

Hi Dave, Congratulations, A very nice original early 'HB', feather-back wall eagle. I have no doubt that it is the original plaque- just with a couple of replaced screws. These wall eagles could be Bronze, Silver or Gold and I believe this is an example of a "Gold" plated eagle. Either way, you should be very pleased with this one. Nothing says "Third Reich" like a nice "Nuremberg Eagle", Best Regards, Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mloppkit View Post
                          Hi Dave, Congratulations, A very nice original early 'HB', feather-back wall eagle. I have no doubt that it is the original plaque- just with a couple of replaced screws. These wall eagles could be Bronze, Silver or Gold and I believe this is an example of a "Gold" plated eagle. Either way, you should be very pleased with this one. Nothing says "Third Reich" like a nice "Nuremberg Eagle", Best Regards, Michael
                          Hi and thank you Michael , I am very pleased with it , trouble is I'm now thinking on looking for a desk eagle I hope these aren't too addictive 😊 rgds Dave

Comment

Because these eagles were made from pot metal, and hollow, it's not unusual to find the original attachment screws stripped. Overall it looks like a fine example of a had to find eagle. Congrats.
                            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X