SA Table Medal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Table Medal??

I acquired a small lot from a retired collector.....the last of his hoard so to speak. This item was in there and I was wondering:
    (A) Is it good/authentic?
    (2) What is it?
    (r) What would be a fair price for it on the E-Stand? (Presuming that it is real.)

Thanx,
    Tim
    Attached Files

Gruppe2
    Attached Files

Comment

3 block
      Attached Files

Comment

I've never seen one before but I like the way it looks. It certainly has all the attributes of a period piece. Someone else will need to comment on the Aurich maker mark as I'm only familiar with how his mark looks on badges, which is totally different than here. Price? Who knows. With none else being currently offered for sale, it is hard to price something like this. You can't go on 10 dealer's sites and compare like you can with a PAB or wound badge. This would appeal to someone who collects SA, table medals and the like (such as me). How big is it?
        Richard V

Comment

Hello,
          Nice item. I also have never seen one like this. I have a medallion with the same aurich logo on it, the only difference is that above it is also the logo with the H A as seen on badges I believe. I"ll see if I can post a pic of the logo on mine tomorrow unless someone else puts one up first. I like the piece and I'd be surprised if it isn't an original item. I'm real bad with valueing items so I'd be of no help there. Definately a nice looking and something different. As Richard asked, what is the size of it?
          Duzig(Bill)

Comment

3 7/8 inches tall. There's a scale in the last picture.

Barry

Comment

Obviously I'm an idiot as I never even noticed the scale. I was too focused on the piece.
              Richard V

Comment

LOL. I was studying the pic and being all CSI trying to figure it out for about a minute before I saw it.

Barry

Comment

Sa

hello
                  a good original SA medal table no problem! for the price you can find on the dealer list for 200 or 250$ MAX§
                  best regards
                  patrick

Comment

It seems to be a remembrance plaque for a horse riding event of the Saxonian SA group. It says "160 km Sternritt", which is a rally like riding event and could be translated "100 miles star ride". The participants start from different starting points with their horses and meet altogether at a central finishing point. The starting points are usually evenly distributed on a circle around the finishing point, thus the form looks like a star, when all starting points are connected with the central finishing point.

The NSKK did similar events with their cars and bikes, which were called "Sternfahrt" (star rally).

Comment

Table award.

Originally posted by tranchant View Post
                      hello
                      a good original SA medal table no problem! for the price you can find on the dealer list for 200 or 250$ MAX§
                      best regards
                      patrick

Agree with Patrick, I see no problems with originality and pricing is in the ballpark too.

Comment

OK.
                        Thanx guys, I appreciate the help here. Very cool.
                        I'll be throwin' it on the E-Stand later today.
                        Timmy

Comment

Up now

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=687723

Comment

Hello,
                            Just figured I'd post a pic of the same logo on my medallion as on Tim's plaque
                            Duzig
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did Aurich's plant & offices disappear in the firestorm that hit Dresden in the four raids between 13 and 15 February 1945?
                              Or did they survive?
                              Tim

PS-Gone in an hour and a half.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X