Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Armband opinion Good or Bad

Hello guys
    I found on a site and ,I would like to ask your opinion about armband before buying, good Or Bad?
    Thank you in advance for your response.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

hello sanya
      i am not fan on this armband! poor finition, very easy to find in best condition for a good price, !
      best regards
      patrick

Comment

This is Original ?

But 35€

Regards Sanya
        Originally posted by tranchant View Post
        hello sanya
        i am not fan on this armband! poor finition, very easy to find in best condition for a good price, !
        best regards
        patrick

Comment

It looks fake to me. The aging looks artificial.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
            It looks fake to me. The aging looks artificial.
            +1. Not one I would be happy with....

Comment

This brassard might be original, but is that enough? Even an original piece for a very low price -- but in washed-out condition -- is not enough to make me happy...how about you? If I may be so bold, I'd say that you will neither be happy with this piece for very long, nor will you want to show it as a valued piece in your collection. I'd say, given the poor condition and the reality that brassards in excellent condition, including RZM tags, are comparatively reasonably priced, I would let this one go on its way.

Br. James

Comment

Armband

Not an armband you want in your collection. If a homeless guy living under a bridge had a Nazi armband, it'd look like this one.

Comment

For what it's worth, I enjoy well-worn original pieces that show their age. Pieces that look every day of 70 years old do have an aesthetic appeal I can appreciate. What is important is that the item is original, and I don't think this one is.

Comment

Thanks for the lot opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                      +1. Not one I would be happy with....
                      Also going to say how the stitching would look a lot neater if original IMO. The back construction is bigger then I would expect too. The hobo comment made me laugh

Comment

armband

Despite my comments, I agree with Mr. Pittman that worn or used memorabilia is more desirable than mint or unissued pieces, but in this case, there's a question if it is even authentic.

Comment

While I certainly agree that an artifact with some evidence of age to it -- character, if you will -- is much more preferable to me than a piece that looks like it just came out of the shop window yesterday (I also realize that there are many collectors who enjoy adding pieces to their collections that look exactly that way, from the point of view of getting as close as possible to the way an artifact actually looked when it was brand new), a piece that has been abused over the years, either before of after the end of WWII, is not compelling to me. We've all seen pieces that are described as "ground dug" -- meaning that their condition is so poor that they appear to have been literally dug up out of someone's back yard -- and I'm sure we can all recall helmets, badges and all sorts of other metal pieces that fit this description...and IMHO, I would not want those sorts of pieces in my collections. I will never forget my next-door neighbor when I was a kid: he was a WWII vet and he brought back a Hitler Youth Field Knife and Scabbard as a souvenir. He kept that piece in his basement, on his work bench, and whenever he needed to pry something open or hit a nail without having a hammer close at hand, he would reach for that HJ knife to do the job. It was so beat-up that no one would ever want it in his collection today...

Sorry to go afield, but even if this brassard could be absolutely proved to be an original late-issue printed piece, I still would not want it in my collection. And further, I would expect that anyone purchasing this piece would find himself very soon looking at the websites to try and find another armband...in unfaded and much better condition!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X