Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M1/136/15

Hi all,
    I have just bought a nice NSDAP cap wreath and after it arrived I noticed the maker's mark on the back. It is: M1/136/15
    Now I understand that the wreath was made by Salcher & Sons of Wagstadt in the Bohemia Moravia Protectorate.......but can someone please explain the last numbers meaning? (the '/15' at the end). No big deal but just curious!
    (As a bye-the-bye, the centre roundel was made by Deschler)
    Thanks in advance

hi
    I do not know mine does not have this kind of marking on the back
    but my friend Pascal B owns one similar to yours

rzm-021-27c54c2.jpg

Comment

Interesting, Pascal. The maker mark on my example is in RAISED lettering. You're friends example is stamped IN (Depressed).
      Must be 2 different manufacturing methods.

Comment

Markings

Not a standard RZM code that I know of. It would normally be marked M1/136. Besides, if it was an RZM code, the "RZM" logo would be present.

Comment

Badge

My apology. Once I looked closer, that circle appears to be an RZM mark. Don't understand the extra number, though.

Comment

Originally posted by sgstandard View Post
            My apology. Once I looked closer, that circle appears to be an RZM mark. Don't understand the extra number, though.
            Ya beat me to it haha! I was just gonna say that there IS an RZM stamp also above the maker mark.
            I have seen mention of this type of 'extended' maker marking, but I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it or what it indicated! (it's an age thing! lol)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X