Cigar box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigar box

Got this from Berlin today and just wanted to share it.
    Not fancy or expensive but it's pretty cool.
    Anyone else has one ?,
    Had a similar helmet and rifle on a marble base a few years back but since I am
    a cigar aficionado I like this one better :-)
    Thanks for looking, HakanImageUploadedByTapatalk1375385948.426062.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375385967.917906.jpg

[ATTACH]2617650[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2617651[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2617652[/ATTACH]

Comment

Thanks for sharing this latest acquisition, Hakan -- quite attractive! I too enjoy a cigar, and this appears to be a fine humidor...but don't forget to put in a humidifier!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

It sports the same helmet as the Porcelain figure we saw earlier in the week. Its in very good condition.

Comment

Not 'infantry' but a similar case nonetheless. Measures 6.75" x 5" x 2" deep. (for the few of us who still enjoy smoking )
            Attached Files

Comment

Rick, yours is in superb condition. Mine was pretty worn when I got it and I had to rebuild the interior as some of the cedar pieces were gone or broken. I used empty cigar boxes I bought from a local shop and some Dremel power saws.

I can polish, but the finish is lost on some of the lid. It is 835 silver and so marked. The lower right corner features the SS runes and the upper left the 1837 dedication to the local OGF.

Mine is fit for cigarillos.

Comment

Beautiful work, Joe...you're quite the accomplished handyman! And I assume you meant "1937!"

Br. James

Comment

Nice boxes gents, keep em' coming

Comment

The Luft box was used when I smoked Marlboros. Now that I'm 'reformed' and oh so health conscience, this is the one on my desk these days which it a tad more rustic but it works.
                    Attached Files

Comment

See that you, just like me smoke Have-a-tampa's
                      Cant buy them in Sweden so I order them from US.
                      Nice boxes you got there mate.
                      Cheers, Hakan

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                        Beautiful work, Joe...you're quite the accomplished handyman! And I assume you meant "1937!"

Br. James
                        You're correct Br. James. A typical typo. This was another gift to Weitzel in 1937. To do the dove-tailing and joining, I bought Dremel table and jig saws off Ebay. Haven't used them since.

Originally posted by Hakan81 View Post
                        See that you, just like me smoke Have-a-tampa's
                        Cant buy them in Sweden so I order them from US.
                        Nice boxes you got there mate.
                        Cheers, Hakan
                        No, I think that Rick is smokin' Swishers. Lord, I haven't had any of those since my college days. Another brand I favored then were Crooks.

Comment

Opppss !! They just looked like Have-a-tampas, did not see the text in my iphone
                          On the other hand I just finished some thai food and ex amount of beer's
                          so........

Comment

Smoked the Tampas since I was 16 but to save a buck (we're in a Depression you know) I went to the Swisher wood-tips. Same flavors, less impact on my beer budget. I get them on line 500 at a time.

Comment

Hakan,

Wonderful box, and all others are quite impressive!

I don't smoke, and don't have a cigar box unfortunately, but now I know what this is for......

Attached Files
                              RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X