BunkerMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autographed Winter Olympics album 1936 & Forks from Deutsche Reichsbahn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autographed Winter Olympics album 1936 & Forks from Deutsche Reichsbahn.

Hello all. Just returned from my yearly visit to Obersalzberg and here are a couple of things I found there from a local source. Regarding the autographs any comments would be greatly appreciated with reference to actually who these people were. It will certainly help with my research and thanks to all in advance. Hopefully I have posted in the correct forum section.

Book cover is made of wood.

Book seal is still in place - undamaged.

Autographs internal of book cover.

Closer view of autographs.

Second closer view of autographs.

Leni Riefenstahl - only one of two autographs I recognise.

Dedication from Hans von Tschammer und Osten - Head of the Deutscher Reichsbund fur Leibesubungen (DRL).

Closer view of DRL autograph.

Typical view internal of book - further autographs.

Further autographs.

There must be around 70 autographs in the book - as I said any help with identifying any of those would be apprecaited. Over the next few months of course I will begin my own research of the sportsmen/women etc in this book. Will keep you informed.

Below a couple of forks I also found:

Picture 01.

Fork 01.

Fork 02.

Back side makings on forks.

Open for all comments but I have no doubts that the forks are genuine although of course much research is needed with the album to identify those who have signed.

Best regards to all.

David.

Im pretty sure 243 was from gorings train, liberated by the americans in the tunnel where it was hidden, love the album, no red flags, but no idea of the sigs, mayber max can help. Good haul mate

Comment

Hello Phil. Yes I dident want to mention that but I also believe 243 was the Goring train. The forks were found local in Berchtesgaden and of course the train was captured in the unfinished railway line tunnel in 1945. Thanks for your reply and I feel there may be a few my suprises in store with this little find. I dont know Max but yes I hope he can help.

Cheers

David.

Comment

By the way Phil my home town was also in Lincolnshire until I moved out to Budapest!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X