Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauleiter Robert Wagner question

Dear collector friends,
    during a recent guided tour thru my Museum, I had a visitor ask me a question about the Gauleiter Wagner of which I have a brief history on display since he was form the Mannheim Heidelberg area and did found the Gau Baden.
    The visitor asked what had happend to Wagners daughter which was 12 years by then. We al lknow that he was sentenced to death and shot, his wife was brought to Algeria to a borthel. After being raped several times she killed herself.
    But even after researching on the net I could find out what had happend to the daughter.
    Can anyone enlighten me on this topic?So next time I have an answer for my visitors :-))
    Aslo why is it that there are not may pictures of Wagner in the later years shown on the net, most are either the years as Gauleiter with early collar tabs but none form the last years of the war or form the years before he was big.

Thanks very much for any help!
    Dirk

Can't answer your other questions, but here is one image of him in post 39 insignia
    Attached Files
    https://www.nsdapuniforms.com

Comment

Sorry that I can't answer your questions either, but I'll bet Michael Miller can! While his excellent first book on the subject -- "Gauleiter: The Regional Leaders of the Nazi Party and their Deputies, 1925-1945" -- only includes Herbert Albrecht thru H. Wilhelm Hüttmann, it's developed in alphabetic order, so I assume that a future edition will include all the rest...though that may be two or three volumes from now!

Best of luck,

Br. James

Comment

His wife was taken to Algeria to a Brothel!? Really !!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
          His wife was taken to Algeria to a Brothel!? Really !!?
          YIKES!

Comment

I recall she was kidnapped or taken to an Algerian brothel in Paris and she leaped to her death, to escape this bad situation.

Comment

Thanks all! and thanks Jeff for the picture :-)) I will try to contact Micheal Miller and see what he has on the subject.
              Regards
              Dirk

Comment

Thanks Br James and Jeff for this information, but where did you find this info please ?

thank you
                P.
                Attached Files
                Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
                - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Hi
                  Here are a few items from my collection
                  which is written in French book that talks about the life of Gauleiter Wagner
                  I read the end and I'll let you know the details of the girl and the woman
                  thank you

DSC01037a.jpg

Comment

Thanks friends for helping me out.
                    I am leaving for vacation now to Italy and will be back on the 8th, just that you know when I do not answer the thread.
                    Ciao Dirk
                    PS here a nice picture of him on a visit to Schwetzingen!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post
                      Thanks Br James and Jeff for this information, but where did you find this info please ?

thank you
                      P.

Pascal--nice pic--where was it taken?
                      NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                        Pascal--nice pic--where was it taken?
                        yes nice picture, and do clarify if anyone has a copyright on the picture, I can't tell for sure

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Clark View Post
                          yes nice picture, and do clarify if anyone has a copyright on the picture, I can't tell for sure
                          This is a picture taken in 1941, during the visit of R.WAGNER of the former National company of the French Railway workshop in BISCHHEIM (in suburbs of STRASBOURG - SS Standarte 122), which of course became the workshops of the DEUTSCHE REICHSBAHN in 1940.

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Bernhard View Post

thank you
                            P.
                            More info about that

thanks
                            P.

Comment

can't recall when I first learned this, but assume you can use Google there too, yes?

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wagner_(Politiker)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X