Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third Reich porcelain labor figure

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some pictures of this porcelain figure. Quite an impressive one which is about 37cm high.

Any comments on the maker of the official title of this would be really appreciated.
    I suppose it´s an RAD man?

Thanks!
    Klaus

Volkstedt, not a RAD man but Germanic labor figure and helmet would dictate Heer.

Comment

Can't say much about it but it looks awesome. Look at all those nice details!

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

I've not seen this piece before, but here in the USA we'd refer to this figure as a 'citizen soldier,' of the type that the American Revolution or the exploration of the Western Frontier portrayed. This is a man of the people, the Volk, working with his hands to bring life out of the unyielding soil, but he is also ready to defend his property and those he cares for, and to assist his neighbors in doing the same -- he carries an M-16 or M-17 helmet on his belt, updated with the colors of the New Reich, and he has his gas mask at the ready, should that be needed. These soldier's tokens prove that he has already stepped up to serve his country in the Great War and he is at the ready to do it again.

An exciting piece, and as Wim noticed, the details are first-rate!

Br. James

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Stunning figurine and a nice size too. I like the fact that while it is very nationalistic, it remains somewhat apolitical and could be displayed in your house without your appearing to be a flaming nazi.

Robt.

Comment

Originally posted by RGD51 View Post
              Stunning figurine and a nice size too. I like the fact that while it is very nationalistic, it remains somewhat apolitical and could be displayed in your house without your appearing to be a flaming nazi.

Robt.
              A flaming Nazi

Comment

Any other ideas on what this could be or who the manufacturer is?

Gary B
                ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Originally posted by Gary B View Post
                  Any other ideas on what this could be or who the manufacturer is?

Gary B
                  it was made by Volkstedt, Thuringia ..and I guess its a Pioneer Soldier.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Gary B
                    ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X