Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14k Gold NSDAP Stick Pin

Gentlemen

I was offered this today but I don't like it one little bit. Am I quite wrong?

Many thanks for your comments

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Looks horrible in my opinion.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
    Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Agree--I wonder if the blobs on the reverse indicate that the piece was cast from another piece -- they might be blobs of solder to hold prongs on the piece it was molded from.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

If it is actually gold, but I doubt it, sell it for scrap-melt it.

Comment

Uh uh.

Agree, horribly casted with excess alloy. The Birds head doesn't give you a good feeling either.

Comment

Wim, that's putting it nicely

cheers
            Peter

Comment

German gold would be marked 575 for 14 k. I highly doubt that this is an original period stickpin.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen for your comments. Pretty much what I expected. The seller had a long fairy tail about teeth being melted down etc etc blaah! blaah!

I thought the head looks like a rather kindly old pigeon rather than an eagle.

Anyway I told the seller that I would ask some questions so I will break the news tomorrow. The sad thing is that he will definitely be able to sell it to some unweary person in a pub after a few drinks and make a few bob into the bargain.

Thanks again gentlemen.
                Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
                Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
                Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                X