Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Party Badge 2501

Guys,

Where would I find out who was the recipient of this badge?

Is there a list somewhere?

Cheers

Jock

Hi Jock,

Unless one of the guys on the forum who keep quite long recipients lists from badges that were posted before online and/or in books knows the number matching a certain name, you could Always try Mike Constandy of Westmoreland Research.

Good luck with your research.

best regards,
    Gaston

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
      Hi Jock,

Unless one of the guys on the forum who keep quite long recipients lists from badges that were posted before online and/or in books knows the number matching a certain name, you could Always try Mike Constandy of Westmoreland Research.

Good luck with your research.

best regards,
      Gaston
      Gaston,

This one has not been online before today (I think) so I doubt it is out there in any previous posts.

I thought that there was a list of numbers or is the number related to the party members actual membership number? If that is the case it must have been a logistical nightmare to get the correct badge to the correct person in them days.

Jock

Comment

Hi Jock,

Golden Party Badge #2501 was held by Helmut Gräfe, who was resident in Gau Thüringen; he was also the holder of the Silbernen Gauadlers der NSDAP. des Gaues Thüringen. The number on the reverse of the GPB is the individual's NSDAP Membership Number, and this person's membership dates from circa April 1, 1925.

The NSDAP's central membership list was administered by the Party Treasurer, Reichsleiter Franz Xaver Schwarz, and the files were held in his office complex in Munich. Following the war, the files were scattered and corrupted, and no single original complete list exists today.

Hope this is helpful. I'm sure you are also aware that the GPB is not only one of the most prestigious awards issued during the Third Reich, but it is also one of the most highly faked awards since 1945...so if you are considering purchasing a badge with this early and unique number on its reverse, I caution you to be VERY careful!!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
          he was also the holder of the Silbernen Gauadlers der NSDAP. des Gaues Thüringen.
          Is this a fact or assumption, Br. James ?

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Hi Jock,

Golden Party Badge #2501 was held by Helmut Gräfe, who was resident in Gau Thüringen; he was also the holder of the Silbernen Gauadlers der NSDAP. des Gaues Thüringen. The number on the reverse of the GPB is the individual's NSDAP Membership Number, and this person's membership dates from circa April 1, 1925.

Br. James
            Mr James,

Thanks for your help with this, if he was from that area I wonder how it found its way to NW Germany.

Maybe he done a runner at the end?

I already have it it cost me only a favour so it was for free.

I stumbled last night on the excellent site run by Stephen (http://www.oocities.org/goldpartypin/index.html) and emailed him, he likes it.

Since I can't post pics here I have put it on GMIC if you want a look.

Thanks Again

Jock
            Last edited by Jock Auld; 07-03-2013, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Andreas,

I believe it to be a fact. Both pieces of information -- the GPB number and the Silver Gau Eagle recipient status come from two different sections in "Dienstrangliste der Politischen Leiter des Gaues Thüringen der NSDAP., December 31, 1937."

Happy holiday to you, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Hi Jock,

It's my pleasure to be of assistance! As to a GPB from Thüringen turning up in NW Germany today or recently, I assure you that GPBs turn up regularly all around the world, so I wouldn't be at all surprised by this fact! And even if you purchased this piece from a member of Herr Gräfe's family, it is easy to assume that family members moved from one area of Germany to another in the past 68 years since the end of WWII. And FREE is always good!!

I'm glad that you have found Stephen's fine website on GPBs; I was about to recommend it to you. You will find much hard information there on your subject of interest!

I'm afraid I don't know what 'GMIC' is or how to access it, but I would enjoy viewing your badge.

With all good wishes,

Br. James

Comment

Nice score Jock! I took a look at GMIC (Gentleman's Military Interest Club) website and saw the badge. It is a nice badge, looks good and has a desireable low number that can be traced to an actual individual. A definite keeper!
                  Richard V

Comment

Mr James,

You were spot on with the name, sadly no wartime documents survived by the look of it (probably keen to get rid of them).

He became or was already a doctor and it looks like a family member has recently passed and it was all headed for the skip!

Thanks again for the info.

Jock

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                      Nice score Jock! I took a look at GMIC (Gentleman's Military Interest Club) website and saw the badge. It is a nice badge, looks good and has a desireable low number that can be traced to an actual individual. A definite keeper!
                      Richard V
                      Richard,

It is not really my bag but since it is unlikely that another will come along any time soon then I think you a right it will be staying for sure.

I am just glad it wasn't lost in the rubbish!

Cheers

Jock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X