Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Equestrian Award Plaque

SA Equestrian Award Plaque offered in the "Miscellaneous" Section

The 'SA Equestrian Award Plaque' being offered in the "Miscellaneous" Section by CLAYTON needs to be looked over before the sale is finalized.

There is no "PC" initials showing anywhere on the front of that plaque. These initials were for the designer/artist "Paul Casberg" & were to be found on the front of all 'original' awards.

With this information & NO artist's initials appearing on this plaque I have to point out to you that it is a "reproduction" according to the early reference material.

If others want to join in & voice their opinion you are welcome to.

Ron.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Antonio Scapini; 05-17-2013, 04:19 AM.

Hello Ron:

Thnk you for the informtion. I've had this plaque for over thirty years but I guess its off to the landfill for this one.

Many thanks for your help,

Clay

Comment

no repro IMO

Before you go and toss it- take a closer look at the area directly under the horses tail. Judging by the weak impression of AH signature I would not be surprised if it is there just much weaker.
      cheers
      Matt

Comment

love the non portables

Also- Ron- you mention "early reference materials"- what materials are those if you don't mind me asking?
        Those non portable pieces were cast. Some were silvered, some were blackened and some painted but to the best of my knowledge they were all mold cast. If someone wanted to create a fake- why would they go through the motions of creating another (brand new) mold that is missing the PC if they could use an original piece to make a cast and keep on cranking them out as originals (and in this case it would be very hard to figure out the fakes since they would be both cast and both would have the same characteristics of detail)?
        Keeping an open mind here but (at least for now) I feel that this piece is unquestionably real. Of course if the owner feels it is a knockoff I would love to buy it for the price of a fake. And to save him a trip to the landfill.
        cheers
        Matt

Comment

I cannot comment on originality of this item. However I can say that Nicolas Morigi has been turning out these for more years than I can remember. These days they are just over £30, second item up from the bottom on this page.

http://www.nicholasmorigi.com/catalo...ORTABLE AWARDS

Here are the pictures of his pieces
          Attached Files

Comment

marked

Seeing that Morigi's example is obviously cast from original and designer marked- I think Clay's award just became more desirable.
            cheers
            Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X