No announcement yet.

HJ Fire Fighting Unit Patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the introduction date of this insignia? and what criteria was in place for its use?

Comment

From the Internet...

""In early 1938 the "Reichsjugendführung"and the "Reichsführer-SS und Chef der Deutschen Polizei im Reichsministerium des Innern" met to discuss utilizing Hitler Youth personnel as volunteers in a Fire Defense Service.

As a result of that meeting, the first HJ volunteer Fire Defense Service units were established at Celle and Osnabrück later that year.

Regulations of June 30TH, 1939, dictated that these volunteer units were to be subordinate to the "HJ-Streifendienst", and be grouped with the "Feuerlöschdienstreserve" (Fire-fighting-service-reserve).

In March of 1941 a distinctive sleeve badge was introduced for those who had passed the Fire Service test, which was then worn on the left forearm of the khaki-brown HJ Fire Fighting tunic.""

Best regards,
      RonR

Comment

This is an interesting thread!

Comment

Also a little update. There are these unissued ones on E-stand.... 2 of them! Looks more purple but it could just be the lighting. The used and issued looking one has the traits of a repro but has soiling that would make me fall for it!
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=674851
          Last edited by kyles bullets; 06-24-2013, 09:01 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

A few more photos. The first one I missed on ebay

This last one is interesting in that it is a regular feuerwehr jacket with HJ armband

Comment

I also believe this CT is relevant to this group

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X