SS Armband (My best)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Armband (My best)

Sharing Front & inside photos of my best tagged wool SS armband. Comments, observations always appreciated.

(Distortion due to problem with camera perspective.)

Thanks!
    Swede1
    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry to tell you this but teh armband is a fake.The cloth tags are well known reproductions,just look up 61/35 ss reproduction armbands.Also the rear should have 2 rows of stitching per each black stripe.Its definately a bad one,hope you can get your money back.Im sure others will tell you the same.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
        Sorry to tell you this but teh armband is a fake.The cloth tags are well known reproductions,just look up 61/35 ss reproduction armbands.Also the rear should have 2 rows of stitching per each black stripe.Its definately a bad one,hope you can get your money back.Im sure others will tell you the same.
        wewelsburg, thanks for your observation. I noticed the first row of stitching on the back is hidden by roll-over of the edges, but hoped that was just a legitimate variation. I also noticed that the top (larger) RZM tag resembles some other known fakes, but the tags dimensions and stitching are cleaner and more symmetrical than the known fakes, so hoped for the best.

I'm posting front & back of another SS band I've had for quite awhile. What do you think about this one?

Thank you for my sometimes painful education. Should keep me out of trouble in the future!

Swede1
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
          wewelsburg, one more detail photo group of the tagged RZM 'best' armband (first post of this thread)...
          This is a perhaps futile attempt to promote the integrity of my 'best' tagged wool armband that you evidence as fake:

1. I've done some research and find that the single row stitching on the back does exist on some legitimate bands. The top of the black ribbon is sometimes first stitched on the front, then the red border folded over and the bottom of the black ribbon is stitched through both layers of the fold-over.

2. Secondly, the RZM tags embroidered stitches seem to be cleaner and differ from the known fake tags. AND there do in fact exist legitimate 61/35 tags.

3. I've had this armband for over 12 years. Have fakes been this good for that amount of time?

You guys are usually right, but in this instance is there any possibility of reassessment?

Regards,
          Swede1
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Swede,

If you post this in the SS section, you will get more response.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
              Hi Swede,

If you post this in the SS section, you will get more response.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
              Wim,
              Thanks for the suggestion. I'm quite new to your forum, so still unfamiliar with where everything should go. Where is the SS section you are referring me to? I find SS related material in several forums, but what is the best for these armband threads?

Swede1

Comment

Hi Swede

The Forum Wim is referring to is the " Tony Barto SS Uniforms and Insignia Forum"

Find this under the "Wehrmacht Uniforms & Equipment" section from the main index page.

Kind regards
                Paul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X