NSDAP STREIFENDIENST gorget.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP STREIFENDIENST gorget.

I will here post 2 pictures of a gorget I can buy.
    Taken back to Norway by a member of the "Tysklandsbrigade" in 1949. That was a brigade of Norwegian soldiers stationed in Germany after the war.
    Never been in collectors hands before but as this is not my field I would like some opinions on it. What I have heard it can be rare ?

Regards

DeMil
    Attached Files

Backside. Some small moth on the green cloth.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice original gorget in great condition and you are right it is very rare.

Comment

Extremely rare gorget. This is the second one I ever have seen on
        a photograph!
        Are there any markings on the tang?

Comment

Thanks rrvroman.

I don`t know where in Germany it was taken, but knowing it was picked up in 1949 by a Norwegian soldier serving in the Norwegian Army in Germany, that holds for me

- I have not the gorget in hand but it looks like is has a marking on the left hook.
          When I get it I will take some better close ups.

Comment

I can at least see a RZM marking on the left tang.
            Attached Files

Comment

In the "Organisationsbuch der NSDAP" from 1943 with plate 27 the gorget is shown as a drawing and includes the two decoration-buttons.

In "Gorgets of the Third Reich" from 1977 from Deeter and Odegard b/w photographs are shown from such a gorget: page 131 having the buttons, page 132 not having them.

The gorget is so rare that during the preparations for my book "Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich" me nor any of my associates were able to find an actual gorget for the political leaders Streifendienst and so we had to create such a gorget by computer. Based upon one of the two, shown in Deeter/Odegard the buttons were not included. Just a choice of me and the creator of the gorget, as we did not exactly know what type of button was used. Now it seems the button is slightly different as the button used with the SA-, HJ- or SS-Streifendienst gorget,

So, you do understand it is great to see one of such rare gorgets, having the buttons actually used, as sown in the "Organisationsbuch". The chain is the same version as used with the gorget for the political leaders flag-bearer's!

I - and I am sure many with me - have not ever seen such a gorget in wear!! You can understand, how rare can such gorget be? Great item to have in your collection.........
              Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 05-04-2013, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Wow thanks for the good news Wilhelm Saris
                So if this gorget is so rare I am very pleased posting these pictures for you and other gorget collectors. Like the details of the buttons.
                And I hope it will be pictured in a book in the future.
                I have not hold it in my hands yet but I really look forward to see it soon.
                Always exiting owning a very rare German collectible.

This gorget has until recently been in the possession of the soldier, now 80 years old. I will try to find out where in Germany he got this gorget. The only thing I know at the moment is he traded it against cigarettes in 1949.

Regards

Derek
                Last edited by DeMil; 05-04-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Nice piece Derek!

Comment

Congrats my friend

If you get it in time, and if you're going, please bring it to leto

Comment

Originally posted by Jon. H View Post
                      Congrats my friend

If you get it in time, and if you're going, please bring it to leto
                      If I manage Leto I will bring it with me

Comment

Wow, what a great bit of fortune Derek, congratulations! As Wilhelm stated, these are almost unobtainable. NSDAP Streifendienst was an internal Party organ with policing duties for uniformed Political Leaders. They made sure uniforms were worn properly, ID was carried, and curfews observed etc.

Not only were the buttons different from flag bearers, but the eagle is smaller too. Now you must find the neck chain, which should not be too difficult.

Again, wonderful find!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Great piece i never knew they existed what a find
                          Mametz

Comment

Wonderful. When can I have it?

Comment

Originally posted by SMV View Post
                              Wow, what a great bit of fortune Derek, congratulations! As Wilhelm stated, these are almost unobtainable. NSDAP Streifendienst was an internal Party organ with policing duties for uniformed Political Leaders. They made sure uniforms were worn properly, ID was carried, and curfews observed etc.

Not only were the buttons different from flag bearers, but the eagle is smaller too. Now you must find the neck chain, which should not be too difficult.

Again, wonderful find!

Thanks so much SMV.
                              I understand I have been very lucky finding this rare piece.
                              And I understand there are only 1 or 2 in private collections.
                              I was again lucky as rrvroman had the chain for sale.
                              It fits perfect

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=669188

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X