Please help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me!

I know this isn't exactly the proper thread for this but I desperately need HELP and this is where most of my friends are to be found. I'm quite willing to pay a fee for assistance.

I really hate to own up to it but I purchased this dagger and now I'm caught in a battle via Paypal with the seller.

I just discovered an email in my junk mail box giving me until tomorrow to upload the document below.

PLEASE, is there anyone out there willing to assist me with this?

The dagger is displayed at the link below and the documentation desired by Paypal is describe below that.

SS DAGGER OPINOINS PLEASE

Paypal request:

Obtain a document from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer,
    appraiser, or an organization that is qualified in the area of the item in
    question (other than you). This document should contain the following:

• A detailed description as to why the item is not authentic (i.e., how
    the item differs from an authentic item, how the person evaluating the item
    determined that it is not authentic, etc.). If your item has a serial
    number, please also include it.

• The document must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and
    phone number of the authenticating party so that we can contact them
    directly, if necessary.

Please help me if you can.

Thank you,
    Rob
    Last edited by Robert Jones; 05-03-2013, 06:52 PM.

Here is a contact for you: Tom Wittman Twittm350@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by rrvroman View Post
      Here is a contact for you: Tom Wittman Twittm350@aol.com
      Excellent, I'll sent him an email now.

I've requested a compliance time extension from Paypal so perhaps I can still resolve this matter favorably.

Very much appreciated, thank you!

Comment

I may have been saved at the last minute by the bell.

Not only did Paypal grant the compliance extension I requested yesterday but I have actually obtained and uploaded the requested documentation.

I was absolutely amazed when after awakening this morning and checking my email as usual to find a COA complete with letterhead from Mr. Paul Hogle of Lakesidetrader here in Ontario Canada.

I had emailed and even left a telephone message wfor him late yesterday evening explaining my situation and what Paypal required and he actually took the time, on a weekend, to prepare and send this document out to me, sometime last night I suppose.

Now this is someone I’ve never even purchased from previously and still he chose to assist me with this and even declined payment for his services.
        Hats off to Mr. Paul Hogle of Lakesidetrader for going above and beyond for a collector in need.

Lakesidetrader
        Last edited by Robert Jones; 05-04-2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Paul is a great standup guy.

Comment

Yet more good news everyone.

Mr. Tom Whitman of Whitman Antique Militaria responded to my expert opinion request this morning and informed me that he will review the item and provide me with an expert opinion letter.

Apparently the hyperlink to this thread which I had sent him over the weekend didn't function so he requested photographs.

In addition Paypal has extended my compliance date until May 9th so I may well yet stand a fighting chance once I've received and uploaded I Tom's letter.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X