Clear All

Marine HJ Visor Hat Wreath

Your thoughts.....

Attached Files
    RonR

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

It looks like there was originally something shield shaped sewn through the backing around where the prongs are now--you can see the holes. Why it would have been sewn through the backing? I would assume the wreath on the patch was standard stock, and different centers as ordered by the customers could be applied, embroidered, or sewn by the original retail store. The maker would sew through the backing so as not to disturb the embroidery threads by removing the backing.
      So I think this was a wreath that had the center removed and replaced with the HJ diamond.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Erich,

Many thanks for your detailed explanation.

Much better then a simple one word...."fake".... or something of that nature without any reasoning as is so often the case.

Greatly appreciated!

Best regards
        RonR

Comment

Ive got a couple of pictures of these in wear and the wreaths almost touch

at the top above the diamond ,

I will post them when i dig them out ,

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I have both closed wreath and open wreath SA and HJ Marine hat insignia. What are the opinions on these?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Really tough to tell on SA examples. Unless there is something obviously amiss, like extra holes or an outline of something else having been replaced by the eagle, I don't think it's possible to know for sure.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

A couple of pics as promised ,

also noted that garys wreath has acorns and ron,s doesnt, neither do the 2 posted as far as i can tell
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X