Kai Winkler Blood Order - Ribbon Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kai Winkler Blood Order - Ribbon Question

I am not sure how good my question will be without pictures but I am not certain that I can legally post the pictures. Kai Winkler posted a second pattern Blood Order for sale today. My question regards the ribbon. I know there are a couple of different configurations concerning Blood Order ribbons. I see that there are white threads visible at both ends of Kai’s example. Is this ribbon one before being sewn with the pin attachment or button hole opening? The ribbon does not appear to be cut on either end so does it appear to be the correct length. These are some questions I have always had about Blood Order ribbons.

Thanks,

Chad

Chad it looks ok to me. This will be the spare length of ribbon that would have remained sat in the recessed ribbon area in the case. There was enough issued to fill this space and prepare a button hole length. They also needed spare for wearing just the ribbon on the pocket flap.

Comment

There are quite a few different BO ribbon configurations known, it appears many recipients changed the configuration to their own liking. Of course it should according to the rules be worn on the right breastpocket, folded in it's unique characteristic way. The most desirable (at least for me) are the ones with the buttonhole opening, this could be attached to said right breastpocket button.

My example (#3545) has no buttonhole opening en is just sewn together near the end.

While typing this and after taking a quick glance im mostly surprised by the price, not that bad at all! And the ribbon is good i think.

best regards,
      Gaston
      Last edited by jabnus; 04-19-2013, 04:22 PM. Reason: going to see what is for sale

Comment

I agree that the ribbon is fine, but for me the wearing ribbon with the button hole has the been there and worn look that I like to see.

Comment

I saw that BO earlier today, Chad...and I also noticed that Kai has several nice GPBs, including a matched set, for sale.

Br. James

Comment

This is a 'text book' ribbon, love the different shade of striping - sure sign of originality. I see a lot of ribbons that are sown at the top like this. Best Regards, Michael

Comment

This 2nd pattern is nice . Love to see a first pattern, cased if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                This 2nd pattern is nice . Love to see a first pattern, cased if possible.
                1st patterns are far and few between with the last one being sold on Hannah's Reich a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  1st patterns are far and few between with the last one being sold on Hannah's Reich a few weeks ago.
                  Had a crazy price tag on it.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                    lol, find another one the same then

Comment

Scholz's was almost reasonable, with all the stuff that came with it. I would have gone for the trade up, too.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                        Depends on how much one wants to add a nice 1st pattern to their collecion so it's a matter of perspective regarding the selling price.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                          Depends on how much one wants to add a nice 1st pattern to their collection so it's a matter of perspective regarding the selling price.
                          Isn't it always But the price paid, rather.

Comment

That BO sold in the range of an RK for example and this medal is as significant or more so than an RK IMO so it's all relative I guess.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X