Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A VERY RARE color SA Postcard from 1934

Hi everyone,

I posted this in the 'paper' section today, and it was suggested that it might go nicely in the 'political' section as well.

Hope that you guys enjoy it, as it is a very scarce card from circa 1932-1934, with real 1934 usage.

Best regards,
    John
    Attached Files

Great card not seen that one before, would go down well in the dagger
    forum to
    Mametz

Comment

I certainly agree, John! I haven't seen this card before, either! May we see the reverse?

Br. James

Comment

Hi Br. James,

Nice to hear from you! I've included a partial image of the reverse as to not
        give away everything about the card just in case someone wants to make repros.

It looks like this very rare card is from a printer in Breslau, and mailed in Breslau.
        Maybe it is an 'area specific' card, and not released all across Germany? Maybe that is why it is so hard to find?

Take care my friend!
        John
        Attached Files

Comment

Card

What a totally bitchin' card!!

Comment

Thanks for showing a portion of the reverse of this unique card, John. The card's caption indicates that it originated in SA-Gruppe Schlesien, of which Breslau was the central headquarters, so I think the publisher and the postmark corroborate your sense that this card was regionally-published. And since the M-33 SA Standard Service Dagger which forms the design motif of this card did not come into use until after the initial Gruppe orders were issued in mid-December of 1933, I think this card's publication origin can be fairly well established as early 1934.

I have checked through the references in my library -- the post card series by Roger Bender and the books written by Albert L. Moore and Alf Harper -- and came up empty-handed, so I must agree with your thought that this was a regional card. If there is a number indicated on the lower left-hand corner of the card's reverse, that would indicate that this card was part of a series issued by the Silesian SA at that time.

Many thanks again for sharing this rare beauty with us, John!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              Thanks for showing a portion of the reverse of this unique card, John. The card's caption indicates that it originated in SA-Gruppe Schlesien, of which Breslau was the central headquarters, so I think the publisher and the postmark corroborate your sense that this card was regionally-published. And since the M-33 SA Standard Service Dagger which forms the design motif of this card did not come into use until after the initial Gruppe orders were issued in mid-December of 1933, I think this card's publication origin can be fairly well established as early 1934.

I have checked through the references in my library -- the post card series by Roger Bender and the books written by Albert L. Moore and Alf Harper -- and came up empty-handed, so I must agree with your thought that this was a regional card. If there is a number indicated on the lower left-hand corner of the card's reverse, that would indicate that this card was part of a series issued by the Silesian SA at that time.

Many thanks again for sharing this rare beauty with us, John!

Br. James
              LOVELY TO LOOK AT,...DELIGHTFUL TO SEE,...AND WOULD BE HEAVEN TO KISS!!! (Jerome Kern Dorothy Fields 1935)

Comment

Friend Bingle, you're such a romantic...and I certainly have to agree!

Br. James

Comment

Such a card is great to display with some SA daggers. I agree with James' 1934 link.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                  Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
                    Such a card is great to display with some SA daggers. I agree with James' 1934 link.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
                    Br. James,....even tho you may have seen her first,...id sure fight for her. ANYWAY.......THE FINEST POSTCARD ID EVER SEEN . extreme rarety,unexcelled beauty and design accuracy,postally used, and sent thru the mail, veryfine condition,...has it all, the Honus Wagner of the Third Reich,.....even better, theres over 50 Honuses out there....ATTENTION BILL MAESTRO!

Comment

Lovely postcard, will make a great display with political and SA pieces or with those collecting Daggers. Thanks for sharing!

Mil

Comment

I've never seen this one before, either. Super piece! I would not have been surprised had it been created after the Röhm purge, but obviously it was printed prior.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

John of H.B.
                          that is one special card.
                          Looks so good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X