Clear All

Sa Ausweis

Sa Ausweis good or bad, thank you for your time and help. Ralph
    Attached Files

Last photo
    Attached Files

Comment

Ralph:
      Why would you have any doubts? Nobody would go to this trouble to make this document except the SA. Original in my opinion. Nice.

Comment

Ralph,
        This is an original and Gary, you can find fakes on eBay, also on oil Cloth. by the people that are making the SS KZ Lager examples.
        Jeff

Comment

doesnt the stamp on the bottom right of the photo give cause for concern guys? eagle seems to have another wing coming from the left of its foot area and some different writing at 10 oclock from the eagle? that doesnt match the rest of the stamp on the book?

the guy in the photo dont sit right ither imo

but hey thats just me and my opinion!

Comment

It's fine. The stamp was slightly rotated when it first hit the document but adjusted before the full pressure was applied so there's a shadow affect.

The "Gebirgs-Schuetzen" Standarte is a later formation (added in 1938) so that corresponds with the issue date.

Comment

yes its a good one, different from the many many fakes flooding the market lately

Comment

Great Ausweis from an interesting unit. GS 4 was part of Gruppe Südmark. This Standarte was led by Standartenführer Josef Welz. The signature on the Ausweis match perfectly with Welz.

It seems that the owner was just promoted to Sturmführer, because I can't trace piping arround his collar tabs.

Nice document!

Comment

Thank you all for your time and opinions, I was asked to post one more photo showing the whole page. Ralph
                  Attached Files

Comment

A fine Ausweis!
                    Many time the photographs will have extra impressions due to the fact that they were often reused from an outdated ID to a new one.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

The guy had the RPT 1929 badge !

Comment

Lovely document, these are really cool !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X