Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichskanzlei Plate

Hello

I have been offered this big plate today...

the diameter is about 37cm
    marked with a Number and Wellner 60

I had no contact with this stuff in the past and would apreciate your input if its a good item and what is there market value nowadays..as its a little pricey rightnow what the seller is asking.
    I have to mention that the plate has a slightly ding in the middle..not relly visible but you can feel it a little.

Thanks
    Andreas
    Attached Files

fd
    Attached Files

Comment

h
      Attached Files

Comment

Not necessarily used only in the Reichskanzlei but still an original AH related piece.

You can also compare it with the many AH silver pieces sold by HH.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
          Not necessarily used only in the Reichskanzlei but still an original AH related piece.

You can also compare it with the many AH silver pieces sold by HH.
          Thanks for the help

just googled a little rightnow....would the plate compare to this one?

http://www.hermann-historica.de/aukt...b=kat65_3r.txt

Comment

good piece,no question, from the ah service.looks like a 12'' serving plate.if it had a copper bottom it would be known as a warming plate,as far as price 8-12 hundred............dave

Comment

Hi Andreas,

As Thorsten pointed out, this is a serving tray from Hitler's personal silver service. There was a similar service created for use in the Reichschancellery, but those pieces replaced the "A" and "H" with an "R" and a "K" flanking the eagle. Pieces from this service were found in most of the locations where Hitler regularly entertained or lived for any length of time: the Berghof, the Kehlsteinhaus, the Mooslahnerkopf, the Reichschancellery, his Prinzregentenstrasse apartment in Munich, the Führerbau and the Braunnes Haus, at his military headquarters such as the Wolfschanze, and aboard his private trains and his yacht. The piece is indeed a mate to the tray offered by HH, per your link. This Wellner piece is silver plated, as were most large serving trays either back then or today; solid silver is not suited to supporting heavy weights such as what is often found on large serving trays -- coffee and teapots, liquor and wine bottles, food courses themselves in heavy bowls or on trays... It is not advisable to polish silver-plated antiques such as this piece; the only thing to be done to it would be to wash it gently with mild soap and hand-dry it. A very nice artifact!

Br. James

Comment

Plates used in the chancellery are ceramic, as I have one of the regular plates, but they can be googled and some are maker marked some are not, but all say Reichs chancellery in German. Many here own them, I am sure someone just may post one , if not i may later today. Nice tray anyway, hope you get it.

Comment

A very nice and original AH warming platter. I have one just like it in my collection and yours looks to be the 16" version like mine. Nice!

The 11" versions are all marked Wellner 39 while the 16" is marked Wellner 60. Both versions are always serial numbered.
                  Last edited by ErichS; 04-04-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Nice piece! But there are always a few around – some in exceptional condition – so don't pay full price for one with a ding in it.

Chris

Comment

Thanks for all the help and useful Infos
                      very much appreciated

hopefully I still can get it now.

Comment

These sell on dealers' sites for $2000 and up. I have you guys beat though, as my example is a larger oval tray, 14 inches wide, and 21 inches long.
                        Last edited by BrianK; 04-22-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                          These sell on dealers' sites for $2000 and up. I have you guys beat though, as my example is a larger oval tray, 14 inches wide, and 21 inches long.
                          These AH silver plated serving platters really go nicely with the AH silverware to make nice groupings.

Comment

And Wittmann has a "gravy boat" set that would go great with a display. IMO the trays are undervalued with the knives, forks and spoons selling for up to $1495 each.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                              And Wittmann has a "gravy boat" set that would go great with a display. IMO the trays are undervalued with the knives, forks and spoons selling for up to $1495 each.
                              I agree Brian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X