Photo of highranking SA officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo of highranking SA officers

Found this photo of highranking SA officers.
    Any chance to identify them?

The photo has a signature; "Victor H..."

thanks
    AJ
    Attached Files

I am no good with faces, but according to a promotions-list I have:
    the Brigadeführer talking to the girl, could be Wilhelm Heerde, who lead brigade 19 (Niederschlesien-Süd) since about mid-1936. Hirchsberg in Schlesien had Jägerstandarte 5 and this was a part for brigade 19. The man at right could be Oberführer Friedrich Rohde.
    The name Victor I haven't found, so this might be one of the political leaders in the background.
    Maybe Lauren can give his opinion?

Comment

hi Wilhelm,
      That's great info! Thanks
      AJ

Comment

Hi AJ,

The PL on the far left of the photo -- the one the autograph is upon -- looks strangely like Reichsleiter Wilhelm Grimm of the Supreme Party Court... Just a thought...

Br. James

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the man who's talking to the girl is Hanns Oberlindober.

The man at the left looks like Grimm but is simply to low in rank.

Comment

Laurens, you could be right (your are the "man of faces").
            Oberlindober was promoted Brigadeführer November 9, 1935. With the date January 30, 1937 (so one month later as the photograph) he was promoted as Gruppenführer (SA-Führer z.V. im Stab der Oberste SA-Führung). It is a pity one cannot see his orders and decorations as then one would be sure for 100%!

Comment

Hanns Oberlindober is a good bet, I think! The Party Membership Service Entry Stripes this SA-Brigadeführer is wearing on his tunic cuffs also confirm that his service to the SA went back to at least the rebirth of the NSDAP in 1925, and Oberlindober's SA career began in 1922. The SA-Oberführer to his left also indicates long service: his Entry Stripes date him back to 1928.

Br. James

Comment

Oberlindober has that rather cherubic face!
                Here is a pic of him from 'Volk ans Gewehr'
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  Hi AJ,

The PL on the far left of the photo -- the one the autograph is upon -- looks strangely like Reichsleiter Wilhelm Grimm of the Supreme Party Court... Just a thought...

Br. James
                  Isn't that the one who signed both on the front and back, Victor Henni(n)g ?

Comment

Yep, that's the one, Andreas.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X