Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP Armband by GESCH

Hi gents !

I want to ask your thoughts about this one , maker GESCH.
    It's not in mint condition, but IMO it's not a bad one . Looks original to me.

Thanks for your comments,

Yann
    Attached Files

NSDAP Armband by GESCH

Reverse views...
    Attached Files

Comment

A perfectly original armband. Very nice.

Comment

Hi Yann,

"Ges. Gesch." is not the maker's name; it is the abbreviation for Gesetzlich Geschutz, meaning Patent Protected. The names of the makers of armbands...or more correctly the RZM numbers of those registered, official makers...were normally seen on paper labels glued to the reverse of each piece, though only after 1934 or 1935. Earlier brassards are usually unmarked as to manufacturer, and the paper RZM license labels often fell away or became detached from the material through wear. The use of "Ges. Gesch." was generally succeeded by the presence of the RZM label, so its presence on this piece would seem to indicate that it was made prior to the RZM licensing system coming fully online by the mid-1930s. Hope this is helpful to you.

Br. James

Comment

NIce original armband!

Comment

NSDAP Armband

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Hi Yann,

"Ges. Gesch." is not the maker's name; it is the abbreviation for Gesetzlich Geschutz, meaning Patent Protected. The names of the makers of armbands...or more correctly the RZM numbers of those registered, official makers...were normally seen on paper labels glued to the reverse of each piece, though only after 1934 or 1935. Earlier brassards are usually unmarked as to manufacturer, and the paper RZM license labels often fell away or became detached from the material through wear. The use of "Ges. Gesch." was generally succeeded by the presence of the RZM label, so its presence on this piece would seem to indicate that it was made prior to the RZM licensing system coming fully online by the mid-1930s. Hope this is helpful to you.

Br. James
            Thanks a lot for the info Br. James, very interesting and helpful !

Comment

I have one just like that in my own collection. I bought it from a WW2 Black Watch veteran. I never knew it was a pre war one. Any idea who may have worn it, or is it just a generic NSDAP armband?
              It's great to see another one. Thanks for posting
              Ypern

Comment

Hi Ypern,

This armband is a generic design, the most basic of brassards, used by the uniformed services in the NSDAP, SA, NSKK, NSFK...and the list goes on and on. There is nothing distinctive to this design that would attach it to a particular group among the Party organizations. Hope this is helpful.

Br. James

Comment

Hi again, Ypern,

I also meant to say: Welcome among us -- it's good to have you here!

Br. James

Comment

Hello and thank you for your kind welcome.
                    I thought that might be the case with this type of armband, but I thought I should ask just in case there was something I was missing. I am just glad there is another fine example of one out there as even though I knew the source of my armband was good, I had not seen another and began to doubt it a bit!!

Comment

Armband

No need for doubt now. A fine original - guaranteed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X