Door plaque "juden sind hier unerwuenscht"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door plaque "juden sind hier unerwuenscht"

This thread is not to offend anyone, just to review and vet this artifact as period genuine as I collect ww2 signs.

This brass sign comes from the widow of a former employee of the Stuermer publishing house.

It says "Jews are not welcome here" and is sized 150 x 110mm and 2mm thick, made out of solid brass.

It has the Sturmer logo on the reverse side.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks more like a door plague for a skinhead group after the war?

Comment

awaiting further constructive comments please...

Comment

It has good chances to be a very rare period piece.

Comment

Thanks, I have purchased this item, granted some reviews are mixed here but the source is extremely reliable, which I had to heavily weigh up, especially this time around. The same source as some original sketches by Der Sturmer cartoonist 'Fip's.

They are extremely rare and a handful have recently surfaced in Germany, they are not listed on Der Sturmer sales list and it is likely they are gifts to employee's, which one of the family members were.

So weighing that up I pushed the button.

Comment

Update for future thread reference;

The purchaser was able to talk to the daughter of the old lady. The daughter also was familiar with a box in which the plaques were stored.

The box was labelled "Fuer treue Leser" (For Loyal Readers), somewhat corroborating that these plaques were "giveaways" to loyal customers, hence not advertised for sale in any Der Sturmer publication, they never were for sale.

Comment

Added for thread reference, boxes, marked and dated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

box inside
                    Attached Files

Comment

What more to say: AWESOME!!!

What a magnificent find!!!

Authentic pieces like this are just so damn rare - and here is no room for ANY nay-sayers anymore!

Congrads!!

Comment

Fantastic piece, 100% authentic imo. Never seen such an item but all the evidence points to being real and great historical items.

Enjoy,
                        Mike

Comment

Top quality item on it,s own may have a doubt but the box with it makes
                          it for me
                          Mametz

Comment

For what it's worth I think the plaque and box are fake. The appearance of the plaque is extremely suspicious and the stamps on the box with "eing.:" and date just seal it for me. These are file stamps and should be on documents, "eingegangen" means "recieved." To have it on the box makes no sense and to have it on there twice (and inside, even) is over the top. The overall appearance of the plaque (construction and material) is totally atypical for Third Reich production. Personally I just do not believe it.

Comment

Thanks Chris, your interrogation of the item is greatly appreciated.

I had to weigh up what was said but other circumstantial evidence, (rather than rely solely on the plaque on it's own two feet) swayed me.

This included the box, and other items from the same source, see here;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=653750
                              Last edited by robs; 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X