Olympic richter badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic richter badge

Hello all! Not knowing really where to put this thread. I've also posted it in police and civil org forum. Mods please delete appropriate thread.

I'm wondering about this badge(see below). Is it real? Did it have a function at the 1936 olympics? Or is it a fabrication of imagination? It's made by Paulmann & Crone, supposedly The logo looks right to me.

I can not find any reference on trustworthy sites, or in my reference litterature, just auctionsites

Grateful for any help as usual

//Thomas
    Attached Files

Unfortunately there is no documented proof of the use of this or several other Olympic badges being currently offered. Cave Creek sold a large amount similar to this for which there is no provenance and they have been known to sell a huge amount of reproductions.
    Richard V

Comment

Hi Richard!

As I suspected then

Thanks a lot for your help.

//Thomas

Comment

You will never find a period photo of that badge and similar in wear. I've read a story purporting that these badges were designed and produced but never worn officially. But I don't believe it.

The three most produced Olympic commemorative enamelled badges, were the ivory coloured olympic rings surmounting the Brandenburg gate, the Winter Olympic Garmisch badge with the coloured olympic rings with Mt Zugspitz behind, and the Blue Kiel Sailing regatta badge. There is also a small and slightly larger coloured Olympic ring badge usually marked C.P. on the reverse for Carl Poellath of Schrobenhausen.

As a rule, barring state official Olympic awards, you will struggle to find much Olympic memorabilia with the swastika and Olympic rings alongside each other, there are however some exceptions. Generally I don't think the International Olympic Committee were keen on politics and the Olympics mixing and although the swastika was a state symbol it was obviously rooted in the NSDAP.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. I'll leave these things be until or if
          some proof of originality surfaces.

//Thomas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X