Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DLV Porcelain Plaque "Deutschland Flug 1934

DLV Porcelain Plaque "Deutschland Flug 1934"
    This Plaque is made of Porcelain and the front has the following writing. " Für Treue Mitarbeit, Deutschlandflug 1934". For Faithfull Cooperation German flight 1934. On the back you can find the letter "U" and "i" and what appears to be a Maker Mark in ink. The porcelain is not snow white anymore but more so a cream color or eggshell with the yellowish tint to it. This was sold on e-stand by me and the buyer is questioning the originality of the item. I believe that this is original but would very much appreciate your input. I do need your help in trying to figure this out. Please provide your input! As always your help is very much appreciated! Thank you. Jürgen
    Attached Files

a
    Attached Files

Comment

b
      Attached Files

Comment

Jürgen , IMHO it looks to be a good one to me , what is supposed to be wrong with it ?

Comment

I think its a good one also. What is the man's problem with it?

Comment

Hi Guys Thank you for your comments. Rather than telling you what the buyer said. I am therefore posting the buyers comments without using his name. I also informed the buyer and told him that he can return the item if he wants to for no reason. I believe this to be original otherwise I would has stated so. Thank you for your feedback. Jurgen

Here it is:

Well I have the Deutschlandflug and to be perfectly honest, I have worries about its' originality. I have spent now much time looking this over with a large high quality loup and I cannot find a trace of any vertigris whatsoever. Not even in the area drilled out for hanging. Now this piece is 1 year shy of 80 years old and I see no trace of anything whatsover anywhere. I have been able to determine that the marking in blue is on the bottom. It appears to be a blue life rune with the vertical line running slightly upward of the V with slight protrusions outward on the lower part of the vertical line. I have made a sketch of it . I have searced high and low online and have asked a collector or two about this mark and they have no clue. Monday I will be going to our public library as they have quite a few reference books dealing with porcelein from around the world. If I cannot ID this maker, combined with its' lack of any age signs, I am afraid I am going to return it as I will never be comfortable. I hope you understand and I will keep you posted on what I can find at the library on Monday.

Comment

Hi,

the porcelain mark is the sceptre of the "Staatliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._from_1841.jpg

Uwe
              Last edited by speedytop; 01-27-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

hi
                no problem with this dish
                the fabicant is also the same as for porcelain bells Olympics

Comment

Thank you all for your comments and feedback. A special Thank you to Uwe and Gerome you did some legwork in finding out about the markings! Thank you again you guys are sure the best! All is well the buyer is now happy with his purchase and that it what counts! Thank you again. Jürgen

Comment

nice to see this...i got one when i first started collecting c ,1961... if your buyer returns it, let me know!

Comment

Original.

regards
                      Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X