Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver tray with eagle/swastika - is it original?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver tray with eagle/swastika - is it original?

I would sincerely appreciate any opinions as to the originality of this circular tray that measures about 5 1/2" in diameter. If original, who used it and what was it used for? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Two more views
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi John,

Not much to be said about this piece, I'm afraid. It looks like it's made of stainless steel, though there seems to be no indication of material used. The firm of Berndorfer Metallwarenfabrik Artur Krupp A.G. did indeed manufacture tableware and related implements during the TR, as the marker's mark indicates; I have a silver-plated butter knife they made for the Hotel Kaiserhof in Berlin, and so marked. But this piece shows no indication of its intended use or for which institution it was made. It could have been used as an ashtray or a small serving dish by any number of local or regional NSDAP offices, and the presence of the engraved Political Eagle indicates as much. But without any provenance stating where and under what conditions this piece was "liberated," I don't believe it is now possible to find out anything more about it.

Br. James

Comment

I thank you for helping me with this item.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X