Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ drum

Hi guys,

I'm able to buy this HJ drum for cheap. It's not really my cup of tea so i would like your opions on this. It seems to be repainted. What do you think on this one?

Thanks!

Looks original to me (but repainted, like you said). Appears to be missing the snares (maybe the tensioner as well) and the cloth wrapping on the leg rest. The heads look new. The hardware should not be painted. The lugs should have a "triangle" shaped head on them (as opposed to square). It is difficult to tell from the photos, but they appear to be correct. Cheap would be appropriate for this drum.

Regards,
    Kent G.
    Last edited by Waffe; 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your answer Kent. I think i shouldn't buy this item. I was thinking about it because it's a bargain but i like items as original as possible. And this one is not complete and messed with..

Comment

I would pass on this drum, is incorrect repainted and is a piece that you can often see on ebay at good prices.

regards
        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by GEPRUFT View Post
          I would pass on this drum, is incorrect repainted and is a piece that you can often see on ebay at good prices.
          I agree. There are many complete and original drums out there. I once got an untouched Army snare drum on eBay very cheaply. There is not a big demand for drums, so the prices are reasonable.

Kent

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X