Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Ideas on this HJ Insignia?

Greetings all,

I recently got this in trade from another member, but I have no idea what it is. There is one on the "Snyder's Treasures" website listed as an HJ Honor Guard insignia, but I have not been able to verify whether or not that is true. It reads:

"Bann 123 Sieger Fahnlein 1939"

It appears to be stamped out of aluminum and has no maker marks that I can find. There are three holes for attachment to something. It measures about three inches from wing tip to wing tip.

Any info would be a great help!

Cheers!
    Attached Files

I would not rely on Snyder for anything, especially identification of items.

Comment

Yea, I don't rely on Snider's for much of anything. Their prices are outrageous! I only mentioned it because it was the only other insignia that I could find online.

Comment

It is flag-related. Try posting in the Flag Forum on this site.

Regards,
        Kent G.

Comment

Hi All,

I think it is a Tinnie from the DJ. I guess it is about a competition between all of the Fähnlein in Bann 123 Ostalb, Gebiet 20, Württemberg, obergebiet Süd. I guess a Sport Insignia. Still, a Tinnie o Tagungsabzeichen.

Sometimes you find those holes in Tinnies for the boy to wear it, especially if the pin is broken.

About the "Listed Honor Guard Insignia" sounds more like BS.

Regards

Heran

Comment

Hi,

Just an uneducated guess, judging from the dimensions of the item and the holes for attaching to another item.
            I think this may be a badge for an HJ bugle or some other musical instrument.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Identified in Volume two of Angolias "The HJ" as a "Victors Badge" that is usually sewn onto a ribbon specifying the competition.
              RonR

Comment

Thank you for the replies everyone, and thank you for the ID Ron! Since I can't find any of these listed anywhere else, can I assume that these are fairly rare? Does anyone know what would be a good price to ask? I would like to sell it, but I have no idea where to start.

Cheers!

Comment

I see that this has sold but just in case anyone comes across this thread in the future..

"HJ Honor Guard insignia" is laughable and utterly ridiculous sales speak as has already been pointed out.

Although we are not yet sure why the badge is seen with splints or indeed without anything at all on the reverse, it is clear that this badge was worn by some HJ and DJ members on the shirt and that it was attached by thread through the holes on each wingtip. Two photos showing this are on the Hitler Youth Forum HERE and I have a further in my own collection (in that case the DJ boy has the badge over his right-hand pocket). I just thought it worth adding this information for future reference.
                  Last edited by Garry M.; 02-02-2013, 10:02 AM. Reason: added "some"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X